Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2003, 06:23 AM   #1
Montana_554
Established Member

M.O.C. #554
Need help deciding

Hello all! Up until this year, all of our camping has been in a tent. This year we took the plunge and bought a 30 foot 5th wheel (although not a Montana). We are happy with it, but it is not a "full timing" quality rv. We have decided that we would like to full time. At first, we thought of a 10 year plan (house and all bills would be paid by them) After some rethinking, we are hoping to do this in a couple of years instead. My husband is a pipefitter and usually works away from home anyway, of course we won't have near the cash doing it sooner, but work at home or on the road, I'll take the road!!!
Anyway, my question is which Montana to purchase. The only local dealer doesn't have may to look at. They did have a 3295RK that we fell in love with, and it had tons of cabinets and storage. I would like to know about the front living room designs. Can't really tell from the floor plan images exactly the amount of cabinets and such. Has anyone seen them to compare? Why have you decided on one over the other? I know the 2004's have relocated the bedroom and dinette slides, which I think is better than the 2003 plan. Does the front living design have enough cabinets & storage for full timing?
Thank you so much for this very informative forum. Everyone is so nice and helpful, can't wait to join the Montana family. Wish we could do it today!!!!!!!

Montana_554 is offline   Reply With Quote