Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
RV Service Reviews

When traveling and you need service you can read reviews written by people on their experience at different facilities.

Add your own comments and make this a better site.

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/

Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As I posted the following on a campground reviews post I am just changing the words to fit an RV dealer..

Quote:
quote:you can read reviews written by people on their experience at different facilities.
Were they?? Or were they written by the [s]campgrounds[/s] RV dealers worst enemy or best friend??

Please on all these type review sites take what you read as questionable. ESPECIALLY those that are emphatic about their opinions whether good or bad. We have no idea who is at the end of any of these reviews. Being [s]from the northeast[/s] I have been to a few of the listed [s]campgrounds[/s] RV dealers in Penna, New York, Indiana and Tenn. and in most cases I agree with some strangers opinion but in far too many cases I totally disagree. I would NEVER make a decision to [s]stay or not stay at a particular campground[/s] use a particular RV dealer based on such reviews.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Interesting site.

Glenn, when I read customer reviews of any product, I look for the trend. If there is only 1 or 2 reviews, this is difficult, but if there are 5 or more reviews, by different posters, then it is easy to see a general trend as well as remove the best and worst review.

I personally like to read actual customer reviews rather than a magazine review because there is no way to know if a "professional" review is unbiased. Is the magazine, website, etc getting paid by the the campsite, brand, whatever to write the review? Did the product being reviewed agree to run a full page ad, etc, etc.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
fredb54
Established Member

M.O.C. #4440
Well after reading everything about warranty service I really feel like I'm going to get the run around taking my 2955 to Mike Thompson. I left a voice mail last Thursady and have yet to be called back.

I've taken care of most of the little thing myself. I have only three items that need to be addressed and one of them a wobbly dinning table I can live with, but the other two a heat vent not working and
badly torn curtain that seprates the master and bedroom need to be done by dealer.

Will call them back again this week.I hate to think this is a industry standard.

Will Keystone let others than dealer do warranty work?

Fred
fredb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
The one nice thing about this site is it covers the USA and Canada.

First and foremost I find it very easy to determine an authors demeanor by their words.

Like Fred and Jenn stated above the more reviews written the statistics will improve.

Five irate customers does not make for a year of doing business. That is why it is important for everyone (MOC'ers also) to submit good reviews when they have positive experiences.

Thats where names of managers, techs and phone numbers help. No matter where you go some are better than others even within the same outfit.

Like I said, It is so much easier to fire off a note of discontent than it is to give praise. None of the sites should be taken verbatim.

Use you own personal judgement. This is just another web resource. That is all. Take it for what you, get out of it.

You may read excellent reviews or negative reviews. Use your gut feeling and you can't do wrong.

Fred and Sandee good luck with your repairs.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:38 AM   #6
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
I recently made a trip to near Meridian, MS. and needed a power converter replaced.
RV DOCTOR on hwy 45 north was very nice to us. 7748 Hwy 45 north, 1 601 482-3213. I stopped first at Ethridge RV on I-20 but they were busy taking money from FEMA to make ready some trailers for them, and would take NO time with us. Not a good way to treat travelers. I find that most places are just out for the bucks, but once in a while I run into a GOOD business person and I like to tell folks about it. RV doctor not only had a converter in stock, they took time to change it out right away, I was in and out of there in less than an hour, and at a reasonable price. JUST WONDERFUL.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote