Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Tennessee Campgrounds

My wife and I are traveling to Tennessee with our kids, both 8, in April 2019 Looking for nice campgrounds that are family friendly, and of course nice. Near water would be great as I would love to rent a boat as well and cruise some of the fantastic rivers. Any recommendations?

2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:40 AM   #2
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Hi,

Tennessee is big man not sure where you're heading.

We stayed here a few https://www.bluewaterdayton.com
They have a marina and rent boats.
Very nice campground.

Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
ummm Tennnesse is not that big. Does have a long name though.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Give us some more information as to where in Tennessee you will be heading for and I think you'll get more answers as to campgrounds in the area or areas you are headed for. Have fun on that trip, by the way. Great State to explore!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
I dont actually have a plan on where, I have never been there before so I am open to whatever people have to offer. I am hoping this week i might narrow it down to a more specific location. Nashville or memphis? Obviously not in the city's but maybe around those areas I just dont know.,
Old 11-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #6
GAinaMontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20747
Check out Lock A Campground ( COE park), it is a updated park with many roomy sites that back right up to the banks of the Columbia River just NE of Nashville. Also when near Memphis we stay just across the river at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Campground south of West Memphis. Remember that both of these parks are right on rivers and are usually very hot and humid in the middle of the summer. Both campgrounds have sites that are right on the river and we enjoy watching the barge traffic.
GAinaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Quote:
Nashville or memphis?
Tennessee may not be the biggest state but it is WIDE (west to east.)

Nashville/Memphis is the western half of the state. Based on that:

In Memphis I would stay in Arkansas at Tom Sawyer RV Park directly on the Mississippi. Nice views of the river boat traffic from your site.

Many more possibilities in Nashville. Montgomery Bell out a bit at Dickson. Seven Point COE on Lake J. Percy Priest Lake. There are also several more park around that same lake.

Between Memphis and Nashville there is the Natchez Trace State Park which is on a lake but not near any urban attractions.

These are just campgrounds I have stayed in and am familiar with. There are lots of other possibilities--especially if you include the eastern part of the state bordering on the Great Smoky Mountains, Knoxville and Chattanooga.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
GAinaMontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20747
After reading my above post, l noticed a directional mistake. COE Lock A Campground is NW, not NE of Nashville. Is there a way to edit a post?
GAinaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #9
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Thanks for the info. I will look at all of these, we are going in April, sol wont be too hot and humid I am thinking Looking at Nashville Shores and Two Rivers Landings, both have good reviews and good sam ratings that are high
Old 12-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #10
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Stay away from the Rv Park at Graceland. It is a filthy dump, IMO.
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #11
MikeRP
Established Member

M.O.C. #22500
If you get up Gatlinburg way, we like campground just east of Gatlinburg on 321. It’s very near the City but is very quiet and has a great pool and hot tub.

Lots of nice hiking in the mountains, and I don’t think you are far from a Lake for renting a boat.

Lots of fun in Tennessee.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #12
Cafemom6

M.O.C. #19923
Stay away from the KOA on the far Eastern End of Tenn right off of 40. This is a dump. Went there and stayed about 30 minutes before hooking up and leaving.
Cafemom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #13
JOSEPHSTILESCCS
Established Member

M.O.C. #20954
I second Blue Water Resort in Dayton, Cove Creek is nice up in Wears Valley, Raccoon Mountain in Chattanooga is cool. Got a nice cave complex to visit. Honeysuckle Meadows is also nice in Wears Valley. If going to Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge Area better off staying in Wears Valley. The rest of the resorts close to the parkway have sites that you almost cant open your awning without hitting another RV. Nice Area , Lots to do and See.
JOSEPHSTILESCCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #14
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Little River Campground in Townsend, Tn
Davey Crockett campground at the 311 mile marker on I-40
Both are great.
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #15
crushton

M.O.C. #19312
There is a nice campground east of Nashville called Bean Pot. Nice friendly people and relatively private. In Nashville, there are three camp grounds that are a little pricy but clean and convenient. A Yogi Bear, KOA and Two Rivers.. They are situated on near the Grand Ole Opry. Outside of Nashville (about 20 minutes) in Goodletsville, named Grand Ole RV Resort and Market. If you go to Nashville, check out The Fox Cocktail Club. My son is 1/2 owner. Memphis really doesn't have good RV Parks. The only one in Memphis is across the street to Graceland called Heartbreak Hotel & Campground. OK but neighborhood is iffy. Only three things in Memphis worth visiting in my opinion is Graceland (only to say you did it), Beale Street (kinda wild and only about 2 blocks long) and the Bass Shop Pyramid (very cool).
crushton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #16
miatadoc
Established Member

M.O.C. #17926
As an East Tennessee native, there are a several excellent campgrounds in the area. Some that I recommend:
-Anchor Down RV Resort, Dandridge. Gorgeous campground not far from Sevierville/Gatlinburg. Tends to book early.
-Riveredge, Pigeon Forge. Outskirts of Pigeon Forge closest to Gatlinburg. Convenient to both PF and G'burg.
-Big Meadow Campground, Townsend. Campground sits next to a creek. Tubing very close by. Campground not far from Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

When we visit our daughter in Nashville:
-Nashville KOA, 2626 Music Valley Drive. Convenient to Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills. Shuttle service downtown. Plenty of activities for the kids.

Hope this helps.
miatadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #17
crushton

M.O.C. #19312
There is a really nice state park called Fall Creek Falls, Fall Creek, TN. They have a really nice lake, good restaurant with breakfast buffets every day, the falls are the highest falls east of the Mississippi. Call for directions because the GPS will send you to the top of the smokey's and then back down, not a great ride with camper. The directions they will give you is way better. Great family spot, zip lines, golf coarse, deer everywhere, fishing, etc. They have full hookups but you may want to make reservations early.
crushton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #18
dennis hogan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17659
I second Fall Creek Falls. I thought it was actually in Pikeville. Great park, Great trails Beautiful Fall's just all around a nice park. If you will be there in early April you will really enjoy the dogwoods in bloom. Love that place. You don't even have to leave the park for anything as mentioned before park store larger than most, Restaurant.
Cannon Ball Express Train air Horn 185dB
dennis hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #19
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Natchez Trace state park. It has everything! Your campground receipt allows you and your guests to fish in any of the park lakes, rivers, or streams.

https://tnstateparks.com/lodging/campgrounds

Huge RV sites with full-hook-ups including 50 amps.

Here is a picture of our site when last visiting.

www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=16890
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #20
CITRIX43
Established Member

M.O.C. #18759
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatadoc View Post
As an East Tennessee native, there are a several excellent campgrounds in the area. Some that I recommend:
-Anchor Down RV Resort, Dandridge. Gorgeous campground not far from Sevierville/Gatlinburg. Tends to book early.
-Riveredge, Pigeon Forge. Outskirts of Pigeon Forge closest to Gatlinburg. Convenient to both PF and G'burg.
-Big Meadow Campground, Townsend. Campground sits next to a creek. Tubing very close by. Campground not far from Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

When we visit our daughter in Nashville:
-Nashville KOA, 2626 Music Valley Drive. Convenient to Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills. Shuttle service downtown. Plenty of activities for the kids.

Hope this helps.
Have a question: We are thinking of the Pigeon Forge, and Gatling area in early May this year. Wondering if any present damage from flooding, fire, etc that would make one not wanting to visit this area. Thank you.
CITRIX43 is offline   Reply With Quote