Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2021, 08:39 PM   #21
81SHOVELHEAD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28894
Water intrusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog59 View Post
We are new to this. We have a 2020 Montana 3791, looking from about 20 yards away from the side of the camper the tanks(assuming the Black and Grey tank area in the front) seem to be about 2-3" below the frame. Its just a sort of a bulge not the complete tank area. Is this normal? Any help much appreciated.
We got a recall on our 2021 295RL about moving the 120 volt Electrical juction box on non door slide up higher in frame due to rainwater intrusion while driving in rain. Must be notorious for the Montana 5th wheels. Once dealer gets warranty recall complete I'm gonna do as others & try to seal best i can with gorrila tape.

81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #22
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Just a helpful hint when removing the coroplast. I ground a notch before using a claw bar to remove the nails. Spend the extra money and go to someplace like fasten all and buy stainless self tapping screws and washers. It will make it much easier next time you need to drop it.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #23
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
I see self tapping screws with large washers. Not sure what your rig's coroplast was attached with, but my 2021 seems to use driven nails. I don't see how to remove mine, but I do need to replace some and re-strech/ seal my underbelly before my first trip.

Allen
Use a 1/4" socket on a drill. Run CCW and pry up under the washer at the same time. They come out very easy.
Replace with SS screws.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:09 PM   #24
Guitarpicr
Established Member

M.O.C. #28483
I left mine in and just cut out a small square of cloroplast around each one. When finished under there I used ss self tapping tek screws & washers next to the original nail fasteners. Also on mine I could get up in between the 2 tanks with a flashlight & mirror & see part of the top of the tanks, at least the end where all the vents & drains came out of the top. Was able to check them & make sure no leaks there. Good luck & wear a hard hat if u have one.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #25
TnT

M.O.C. #20053
I have a live short in the main 12 volt wire running from my control panel to my BCM. I have a jumper wire run out side my Montana so it is working now. I’m trying to determine the best way to run a new wire under the coroplast. Just wondering if the wires are run up one side or just up the middle of the coach. I have a 2016 Montana 3820fk and it has the nails. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
TnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:39 AM   #26
Rumusical2
Established Member

M.O.C. #29154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I hope I'm wrong but pls keep us posted.
So, a long-overdue update to my mystery leak; and I must first send out a giant THANK YOU to all those who offered up tips/tricks/troubleshooting/ideas to help point me in the right direction.

Turns out, my leak was coming from a small hole in the grey tank just above the outlet hole. It looks to me like something poked the tank at some point... my guess is at the point of manufacture because I just can't envision a scenario where the previous owner would have poked it in that particular location. In any case, I went out and bought some epoxy and sealed up the hole... no more leak.

As some of you pointed out, putting the CoroPlast up is a real bit$h. I ended up using my hydraulic jack to help hold up the material while I systematically installed the screws... holy freak, what a chore. Had my 13-year old help with handing me screws, interchanging sockets on my Dewalt drill (yes, inexplicably, there were TWO different screw hole sizes... and like I've said before, it is quite obvious that someone had taken the CoroPlast down before and then put it back up again... all kinds of holes drilled here and there).

In any case, a huge project and a bunch of learning-curve later, I've conquered the "Battle of the Bulge".
Rumusical2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #27
Arkware
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17723
Thank you for the follow up and the detail explanation.

good job!
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Arkware is offline   Reply With Quote