Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #21
Bad Moon
Montana Fan
 
Bad Moon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Medford
Posts: 427
M.O.C. #18546
Here is how the system works.
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12721
 
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:29 PM   #22
David Van Denover
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Redding
Posts: 5
M.O.C. #27082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthor View Post
I had a similar issue with my 2021 Silverado and Montana 377FL. I wired up the camera but Chevy updated electronics in the trailing plug to send reduced power to power the lights, which is what your camera operates on. A quick check is to pop off a side marker lens, remove the bulb and check the voltage reading, mine ranged from 9.6-11.6v depending on location. Furrion sells a power adapter but it only works on 2019/2020 models Not 2021 since GM updated electronics again this year.

The simple fix is the access the side marker light closest to the battery on the RV. All you need to do is splice in to the side marker light and put a 12v inline on/off switch in between the light and battery. My run is only about 3 feet accessible inside to wire up and works great. I put the inline switch for when its in storage to ensure nothing pulls from the battery.

Once I did this it adequately powers the backup camera and only cost about $10 for a switch and piece of wire you probably have lying around. So until Furrion or Haloview figure out a new power adapter this is the easiest and cheapest solution.
Just got done installing and testing the hookup using the side marker light. Cameras all work. I did get an error on the trailer wiring, like you said, I hope will only do it once. Whatever, the camera works, it was very easy. Thanks again for the pictures, video, and instructions.
David Van Denover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:30 PM   #23
Cthor
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: DFW
Posts: 12
M.O.C. #28051
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Van Denover View Post
Just got done installing and testing the hookup using the side marker light. Cameras all work. I did get an error on the trailer wiring, like you said, I hope will only do it once. Whatever, the camera works, it was very easy. Thanks again for the pictures, video, and instructions.
Thatís awesome! Iím glad you were able to get it setup.
Cthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #24
JDKarlstad
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sebastopol
Posts: 5
M.O.C. #23996
Does require one per camera. But works well with my 21 Chevy 1 ton.
JDKarlstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #25
jeririgged223
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Liberty Hill
Posts: 65
M.O.C. #26548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
We just traded our 1 Ton GMC and our 2018 Montana 42' for smaller truck and Montana (3121RL) but kept our Furrion camera as it was relatively new(a second purchase). We have not been able to get it to work with the new system set up as of yet. We verified it worked on the traded unit so know it works on the longer RV and we have gone to 7 feet less so that should not be a problem. We have talked to GMC and have received an adapter for the GMC side. We called Furrion and was advised to pair the camera and screen. We did that and it looked great in the truck but when we put the camera back on the RV it says no signal. That is with the running lights on. What is next? Has anyone else had this issue? Any and all help is appreciated!
I have both the 3120RL and the Furrion. If you have the monitor and the camera it should be working after the camera is mounted. I have to run mine using the "cigarette" plug (not a USB connection as that usually ties to the vehicles internal software and I and apps) and I have to have the headlamps on all the time.
jeririgged223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:35 PM   #26
LittleBill
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Joliet
Posts: 2
M.O.C. #29891
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDKarlstad View Post
Does require one per camera. But works well with my 21 Chevy 1 ton.
I know this thread is not necessarily current, but I also have encountered the problem with my 2021 3500HD and Furrion observation camera not sending a signal to the monitor due to the PWM that Chevy/GMC uses on the 7-way connection to the tail lights.

Is the PWMBUTT from ASA still working for you? Did you actually install it at the rear camera or did you happen to place it at a side marker (easier access)? How difficult was it to install and do you happen to have any pics?

Thanks and stay safe
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:53 PM   #27
JDKarlstad
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sebastopol
Posts: 5
M.O.C. #23996
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
I know this thread is not necessarily current, but I also have encountered the problem with my 2021 3500HD and Furrion observation camera not sending a signal to the monitor due to the PWM that Chevy/GMC uses on the 7-way connection to the tail lights.

Is the PWMBUTT from ASA still working for you? Did you actually install it at the rear camera or did you happen to place it at a side marker (easier access)? How difficult was it to install and do you happen to have any pics?

Thanks and stay safe
Parked at home it worked fine but once I started traveling it would cut in & out. Using Cthur mod, added switch to battery and much better reception. Still waiting on the 7 pin plug from etrailer but back ordered till Dec.
JDKarlstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:05 PM   #28
LittleBill
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Joliet
Posts: 2
M.O.C. #29891
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDKarlstad View Post
Parked at home it worked fine but once I started traveling it would cut in & out. Using Cthur mod, added switch to battery and much better reception. Still waiting on the 7 pin plug from etrailer but back ordered till Dec.
Thanks for letting me know that it may not work. I'll have to take a look at what Cthur did and see if that will work for me.

Thanks and stay safe
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2021 3121rl, back up camera, furrion, new 2021 gmc truck

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.