Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
lookingfornewadventure
Established Member

M.O.C. #29455
"Partial" Winterizing?

Hi everyone
Hoping to gather some insight from you fine folks. We recently purchased a camping site at a private camping club, and plan to store our Montana 3120 there year-round.

Our plan is to hopefully go up once a month or so in winter, in addition to lots of spring/fall/winter camping. My question is do you think a full "winterization" is needed after every time we camp in winter? For reference, it will be in Gold Bar, Washington, which has an average low temp of 34 or so in winter. We only live about 30 miles away, so it's pretty accessible to us in an extreme cold snap but you never know what roads will look like to get there. We did notice some of the folks in the camp have small boxes with a light bulb in them around their connections to keep from freezing. I guess we were wondering if there was something similar we could do to keep the camper at a low but not freezing temperature, heated pads, etc. We have access to hookups that are billed to us, so maybe a small heater in the kitchen and one in the garage? It is very wet here in western washington and I will be running a fan at all times regardless.

Second question, if you are still with me at this point, do you leave linens, towels, etc on the beds and in cupboards? Sure would not like to walk into a musty smelling mess!

We are not retired, so would be coming up after work on Friday nights...the idea of de-winterizing in the dark every time we want to do that and re-doing it on Sunday afternoon is not very appealing!

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks
Shauna
lookingfornewadventure is offline   Reply With Quote