Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
advice needed.[easy]

LOOKING TO GO TO Myrtle beach in my Montana around march 20th and was thinking about OCEAN LAKES or MYRTLE BEACH TRAVEL PARK, what would you think of these places?? my needs are "CABLE" 30 OR 50 AMP AND not looking to open my slides into the rv next to me I have no kids; and a little less "hustle bussle" but near it.
also whats the weather like down there in March??

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We stayed at Ocean Lakes two years ago in March and loved it. The weather was great. We spent most of our time on the beach.

Watch out for Spring Breakers though.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:32 AM   #3
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
We also stayed at Ocean Lakes and really loved it -- would definitely go back there again. Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
We stayed at Ocean Lakes early Feb 2005 and really enjoyed it. Definitely should be warmer at your visit time. Nice staff and even bent over backward to satisfy our request for sight with trees. Sites were nice size and they were adding cement patios to lots of sites. I don't believe you would be crowded by neighbors, but is that is Spring Break time then from what I understand it will be crowded.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we've been to Lakewood and Myrtle Beach RV park.

Lakewood we didn't like the staff or the low tree limbs. Staff gave us a hard time from the start. couldn't fit on the original site given. we were told on the phone months in advance we had a large pull through site.that wasn't the case when we arrived...they gave it away. 2nd site we were given we drove 1/4 mile down the road to find we didn't fit under the tree branches and had to back all the way out (not a straight run either).

Mytrle Beach Travel Park was wonderful. very nice staff...very nice place. the sites are a little smaller than I'd like, but not much different than anywhere else I guess. the park isn't quite as fancy, but we've been there a few times and been happy.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
THANKS ALL.got an ocean front site at OCEAN LAKES FOR THE WEEK OF THE 20TH.Supposed to be no spring break then or they said thay don't get many oh well we will see. yippee!!! after the 2 total knee replacements that I am getting now [2nd on jan 30th at 11am] I will need a place to recoup and get rid of my cabin fever
Old 01-21-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We looovve Ocean Lakes!!! It is one of our favorite places to go!!! Make sure you rent a golf cart and drive trough the park. You will never see everything walking. It's a very interesting park and there are beautiful homes in the park. Only part of it is a campground. The place is huge. Although I'm sure you will want to do some walking also, as it is very theraputic. We just love Myrtle Beach and Ocean Lakes makes the whole experience even better.

How did your surgery go? Many people who are comptemplating this type of surgery would like to hear how you're doing? Besides the fact, that we really do care!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #8
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
[quote]Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

We love Ocean Lakes!!! It is one of our favorite places to go!!! Make sure you rent a golf cart and drive trough the park. You will never see everything walking. It's a very interesting park and there are beautiful homes in the park. Only part of it is a campground. The place is huge. Although I'm sure you will want to do some walking also, as it is very theraputic. We just love Myrtle Beach and Ocean Lakes makes the whole experience even better.

How did your surgery go? Many people who are comptemplating this type of surgery would like to hear how you're doing? Besides the fact, that we really do care!

well I appreciate that........get my 2nd done on the 30th and I can't wait, the other one that was fixed is way better than b4 except for the stiffness but in a few months that will go away. if your knees are as bad as mine and you can find a good surgeon then do it, cause being able to walk again without pain is great.!!!!!

Ocean lakes is all set, will be there on March 20th, ready to kick back
Old 01-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #9
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
mpl897,
I love your positive attitude and also your metod of rehab. Hope your second surgury goes well.

Enjoy the beach
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote