Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Update #2 on Mike Thompson Service

Well here is a update on whats up so far.
I picked up my Monty and put it back in my storage lot. I feel it will be safer there. I called Keystone and talked to a teck and mentioned Mike Thompson RV Service Center and received a reply that Keystone has received a lot of complants about them. Ding isnt upper management listening, or are the sales that good from Mike Thompson RV that they can turn an ear? anyway enugh of that.
I asked what the part number of the tank that Mike T ordered first it was #102800 this is a right handed dump, I told hin that MT put the blame on Keystone and not the person that placed the order, he said they always get blamed by the dealers for errors, he also gave me the part number for a lefthanded dran which is #102801 along with the tracking number for Fed Ex It is comming from WA and its in OR right now. I also asked for a keystone approved service center for future repars and got this Family RV in Irvine CA have any members had any work preformed there by Family RV? please let me know by a PM or E-mail.
Thanks Don

On edit:
Well the sercice writer admits to him ordering the wrong tank he ordered the tank with 294 in yellow marker pencil. Bada Boom! I was right.. so now we start ovef and I bring the monty in on Tuesday.
I did write a nasty letter to the two service managers, I have not heard from them yet, and I probably wont either.

After looking at the tank and its construction I think I could do it myself.
Thanks for everybodies ear, you have to vent once in a while and not keep that kind of pressure in your body, it could cause an illness you dont need at our age.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Don
Sent you a PM

Ron
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

I called Keystone and talked to a teck and mentioned Mike Thompson RV Service Center and received a reply that Keystone has received a lot of complants about them. Ding isnt upper management listening, or are the sales that good from Mike Thompson RV that they can turn an ear?
Thanks Don
This may answer your question:

"Mike Thompson’s RV SuperStores has once again been ranked as the No.1 selling RV dealer in California.

According to Statistical Surveys Inc., Mike Thompson’s RV Super Stores swept the honors: No. 1 in motorhome sales, No. 1 in towables and No. 1 overall for 2010."

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/02/mi...+(RV+Business)
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BirdingRVer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

I called Keystone and talked to a teck and mentioned Mike Thompson RV Service Center and received a reply that Keystone has received a lot of complants about them. Ding isnt upper management listening, or are the sales that good from Mike Thompson RV that they can turn an ear?
Thanks Don
This may answer your question:

"Mike Thompson’s RV SuperStores has once again been ranked as the No.1 selling RV dealer in California.

According to Statistical Surveys Inc., Mike Thompson’s RV Super Stores swept the honors: No. 1 in motorhome sales, No. 1 in towables and No. 1 overall for 2010."

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/02/mi...+(RV+Business)
They might sale a lot of RV`s, but taking care of their customers and supporting after sales is a joke.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Don, I have used Family RV once to install the washer/dryer when we first got the Montana they did a very clean job. I have used Mike Thompsons RV in Fountain Valley many times and have only had one problem of being charged for a service that was their error. They reimbursed me $2000 for their error. I also had problems with MT in Santa Fe Springs, I won't go back.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
OK now Im mad I had everything ready to button up and I decided to fill the tank up and dubble check Mike Thompsons work, guess what it leaked like a water fall. It goes back Monday morning and I will talk to the manager I have plenty of pictures and movies to show him. so mad, here is what it looked like.

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...twaterfall.mp4
Old 03-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Oh how we love Mike Thompsons Super Store.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,
Oh! That is awful! Don't you just get so upset when folks treat you like this! Best of luck and be cool! Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Wow...I think most RV repair shops do crappy work. My tanks don't leak, but the belly membrane is still down and the third tank is not patched. They scheduled the finish up work about 3 weeks ago, but no show. I'm gonna wait them out. No finish the job = no money from me.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #10
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I've spent quite a bit of time repairing my own tanks...the construction is crap. The last patch I made was from a factory mold mark that just decided to pop out....it was perfectly round...how about that for quality.

These tanks are real cheap, and don't cost that much. Most of the expense is the shipping.

Good luck getting the proper tank number from the manufacturer or the dealer....took me three times even after I had removed the underbelly and read directly from their sticker.

Good Luck!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote