Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
Retired Pilot
Established Member

M.O.C. #6630
Replacement for Apollo 1/2 time

Does anyone know of a manufacturer and model # that exactly fits the opening for Apollo microwave?

Retired Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We just got a Cook 2115 from Penny's that fits OK. It's about 1" smaller all around. The rubber feet are a little closer together so I cut out the spreaders of the Apollo support and mounted the balance [the upright parts] on a piece of 1/4" plywood and put a small spacer in the slot behind the Cook feet. The Apollo face plastic remounted using the same screw holes and the oven is centered. I think Sharp makes one but I don't know how it fits.

If anyone is interested, I stripped our Apollo and have the light bulb assembly, complete door assembly, resistance heater assembly for the regular oven and the top blower assembly.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Skip
Is the cook a convection also?
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Yes, and you can micro and bake at the same time. It doesn't seem quite as versatile as the Apollo but still gets the job done. It was on sale at the time for half of what a new Sharp is so we figured it's worth it.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
For everyones information...The new Apollo 1/2 time oven sent to us..Build Date of Aug 06..has been working perfectly since we got it about 2 months ago. That is a record so perhaps they are good now????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Boy Rich, heres hoping so. Our new 3400 supposedly came off the line yesterday and should be at dealer next week. Hope they have the halftime good now.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
My fellow storage mate just bought a new Bighorn and was proudly showing me the Apollo oven. I just grinned .
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Our Apollo has stopped its mysterious grinding and growling as of last weekend.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #9
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
I ordered a Dometic with trim kit from Camping world earlier this week. I'll know in a few days how it will fit.
Our Apollo would decide to start up on it's own. I've been using the breaker to make sure it doesn't start while we're away. Last weekend in Bristol, I flipped the breaker on and by the time I walked around to the sink, the Apollo started up. I opened the door to stop it, then closed the door. It started again within 5 seconds.
Still microwaves OK, just decides to start on it's own.
DL N K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:36 AM   #10
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I see I'm not the only one having trouble with this micro-wave,our door wouldn,t open with two cornish-hens inside and we were 6 weeks from returning home.Had to disassemble the whole unit to get the door open,quite a job with there special screws.There is no web page to identify the little plastic part I need to fix it only a 800 number.It is over a year old so it's my problem.Talked to another monty owner his unit broke 4 times for various reasons.Maybe Keystone will look for a different micro,in the meantime I think I'll watch this forum and see what you guys come up with on replacing it with a different brand
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
garyka,

I have fixed my Apollo 1/2 time oven twice. Yes, the first time trying to figure out how to get the cover off so I could get to the door lever opener thingy.

I used a pop bottle cap (plastic) that had been sliced sideways and then glued to the piece that slides out that holds the opener lever. I glued the pop bottle cap with contact cement....

The first time, I used hot glue which eventually loosened. The second time of taking this thing apart was a breeze...took less than 10 minutes to do and if someone needs someone to walk them through it, let me know. My Apollo now works just fine.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote