Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gatlinburg, TN, until 5/6/05

We're at Twin Creeks RV Resort in Gatlinburg, TN, site 67, until May 6th. Anyone in the area please feel free to stop in. If we're out, leave a note and we'll get back with you.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We will be arriving in the Knoxville, TN, on April 11th and will leave on the 15th. We would like to come to Gatlinburg to see you on either the 12th/13th or 14th. Just let us know which day would be best. Looking forward to seeing you again. At present we are at Mama Gerties in Ashville. John & Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Hello Steve-
Welcome back to the forum, have missed your wit and expertise.

I installed Firestone Ride-Rites yesterday as I was down on the overload springs when hooked to the Monty. The truck sagged 4" with the Monty hooked up than at empty. Hooked up the Monty after I installed the air bags and it only squatted an 1-1/2" with 25# pressure in the air bags and still way off from the overload springs. A great improvement. I was a little nervous about pulling the way it was. Think that they will be worth every penny.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Steve,

Looks like we just missed you as we left Pigeon Forge yesterday. Ah well, maybe next time.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Don't miss Wears Valley and Townsend while you are in the area. We just sold our property in Wears Valley last fall. Sad not having a "good" reason to drive down for a few days!

I think maybe too early, but it is time for the rhododendrums (SP???) to bloom up in the mountains yet.

OHHH, there is that crafters circle drive in Gatlinburg! Oh, it is a FOR SURE GOTTA DO!

Have fun!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
John ... We'd love to see you and Marge! Wednesday or Thursday would be great ... just let us know. It would probably be best for you to email Steve so he can give you directions to our park.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, the Rhododendrons have big buds so it shouldn't be long. We're watching the trees bud out and beginning to leaf. Really a beautiful thing to watch the changes in the park each day.

Fulltimedreamer, where were you in Pigeon Forge? We were at Pigeon Forge from 3/28 (Monday) and left for Gatlinburg Wednesday of the next week, 4/6. We were at Creekside RV Park on Henderson Springs Rd., about a half mile north of hwy 321/Wears Valley Rd. We saw a couple of Montanas in other parks as we drove down the road but were always on our way somewhere and didn't stop.

John and Marge, we'd love to see you again. I emailed you so maybe we can work out the specifics.

Carol, we went in and out of GSMNP several times via the Townsend entrance and then drove through Wears Valley on the way home. Beautiful area. We're done with the Cades Cove Loop so will probably not go out that way again until we finish the rest of the park and are ready to start over again!
Old 04-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Steve,

We were at Eagle's Nest (Passport America Park) from Sunday 4/3 to Thursday 4/7. We drove through Riverside RV Park but didn't drive through Creekside as we usually do. Sorry we didn't make a connection. Enjoy your stay in Gatlinburg. We rode the trolley over to Gatlinburg on Tuesday, its a lot cheaper than paying for parking.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Charlie, just an fyi, I'm running 65 psi in our airbags.

Fulltimedreamer, I bet we saw your Mountaineer. We drove by the Eagle's Nest several times. We went that way into the national park to do the Cades Cove Loop and other things on that end of the park. We saw a Montana in that park but didn't stop in or drive through. Now I wish we had. Only a couple of times have we introduced ourselves to find the folks are MOC members. We met Nascarsam that way when we were at Tybee Island.

I'm really sorry we were so close but missed you.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:06 AM   #10
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Steve-
Thanks for the FYI, I will have to play with it until I find what is right for my rig.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote