Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Mice

We have them, have to wash everything in the galley drawers every time we come over. Put baits, in basement, hot water heater & under kitchen sink, every where we have found droppings & signs. Bought the electric mouse screamer thing. Any suggestions? Plug something up so they can't get in?

PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I got them too ,we set about 6 "sticky traps" with a bit of p-butter on them, in storage and under the ..below the bottom draws in kitchen some times we get 2 on 1 trap although we ain't seen any sign in a while...we slept over nite one time with our 2 cats and the litter pan in front coat closet ain't seen any since. maybe the sent from the cats being in there kept the mice out, it's a on going battle.
Get some of those sealable container for the important stuff with press on lids.........keep fighting
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Since we started strewing Bounce clothes dryer sheets around the entire rig when in storage and in the basement when on the road we have not had mice. Smells good too. Also good to rub on exposed skin to keep skeeters off. Also to take bugs off from cap of Monty after traveling.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Carol and Jim beat me to it! We use the dryer sheets(Bounce is not neccessary since any dryer sheet will work- from my experience anyway)all over the Monte and also if we are leaving our coach out in storage at the farm I scatter mothballs all around the area under the Monte. I put the sticky traps out but have not had any luck with them-maybe the dryersheets and mothballs are keeping them away! I do put steelwool(not the soapy type)in as many holes as I can find in and under all holes in the base and wheelwells when I put Monte to bed for the winter also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 AM   #5
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
I had mice problems last year and got a good set of electronic things from Lowe's and no mice since. It's been over a year. I put one in the bathroom and one in the rear living room. I think location is important. The camper is still stored in the same place it was when I had mice. Of course it requires 110V when stored.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We have found dryer sheets do not work but the electronic plug in's do.
I think you are beeter with out the bait,
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote