Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #21
Speck56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25158
Forgot about rear bathroom. If everything is put away correctly it never caused any problems for us, and we did find some pretty rough roads

Speck56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #22
repeat20

M.O.C. #25782
3761FL two cents

We fulltime in 3761FL since retiring in July. My husband really liked the floor plan, I liked it too but not as much as he did. But now that we live in it I can honestly say that I’m really glad we have the half bath. For one thing, the rear bath has a “barn door” style door which is just fine any time except the middle of the night. The hardware rolling components on the door could wake the dead. We are thinking of replacing the hardware because of the noise. We don’t have any problem with the rear bath contents being tossed around while traveling, any more than any other cupboard space.

My only complaint with the center kitchen floor plan is the height of the kitchen cabinets. I can’t reach some of the high cupboards so a step stool is a must. I also wish it had a dishwasher option. I love the residential style refrigerator. I think I might have preferred a front kitchen and mid living room floor plan but all in all this is a very comfortable and beautiful unit.

As mentioned, with the five slide outs, nothing is accessible except the fridge while traveling.
repeat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #23
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
We tried them all and have had 1 form or another trailer since 1976. The 3761 is the best yet! The RD is nice and we spent some time viewing twice but we have had several. Nothing like the FL and bath and 1/2. Never a problem with stuff in the rear bath. Our 5er moves often and over some horrible roads. Lots of storage but the washer and dryer take space in the bedroom. My wife has worked around that wasily and I added shelves in the cabinets.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:02 PM   #24
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
First of all Michael welcome aboard the Montana Owners Club Forum. You have found the best place in all the world to find out about a Montana if you are about to purchase one. You'll get answers to any question you might have and get it from the EXPERTS-- actual Montana owners.
One thing I would suggest is visit the units you like again and spend some time in it, just sitting around and practicing being an owner of it. See how it feels, see if you can get to a bathroom while on the road and also see if you can get to the refrigerator while out on the road also. IF not, you'll have to plan your stops at truckstops or areas where you can pull the slide out to get to it.
Also, if you are going to do any boondocking think about not having power for a residential refrig unless you have generator/s or solar to power it.
Since you mentioned you were going to look at another rig you have made an offer on. If you to to the Search Engine at the top of the page, and type in PDI sheets you will come up with several Pre Delivery Inspection sheets that you can use to make sure things are all good with any unit whether it is new or used from a dealer or an individual seller.
Good luck and let us know what you come up with on your decision.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #25
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
Smile Soon RV Owner 3791RD or 3761FL

When I first started checking out the two different models - I seriously wanted the 3761 because of the 1.5 baths and the double sinks in the master bath. I fell head over heels in love with it. But after looking more into them, (to me) there was more room in the 3791 (we have the 3790). You do lose a lot of room with the half bath. I was really looking into that one because we have 3 small grandchildren. I would rather have them (and anyone else) using that half bathroom. But with the 3791 / 3790 the bathroom is separate anyway. I like that there is additional storage underneath the loveseat and I could be wrong, you may lose that having the half bath. But, that sir, is a decision you will need to make yourself. Either way, I don't think you will go wrong. Welcome to the Montana Family. We are new owners and loving everything about it ! Keep us posted on your decision.
kroskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
Darrel
Established Member

M.O.C. #26815
Hi

Not sure about the other model but I’m sure we saw it. We picked the 3761FL because we liked the floor plan. The separation of the living room from the kitchen was what we wanted. Having the 1/2 bath is very nice since the mater bath would require guests to go through the bed room. Others I’ve talked to say the really like the living room in the front rather than in the rear. We are fulltime but we are also very new to the RV world. I would error on the side of caution and let your wife pick the floor plan she likes. Happy wife, happy life.
Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #27
mach1muscle351
Established Member

M.O.C. #25598
My fellow Montana'erz,

I am a new Montana owner! We went with the 3761FL! I appreciate all of your help. This community is very helpful. I can't wait to bug you guys with more pro tip's, DIY tips, and general suggestions! Thank you all very much. Can't wait to start contributing when I gain some more experience/knowledge.

Y'all are awesome!
mach1muscle351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #28
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1muscle351 View Post
My fellow Montana'erz,

I am a new Montana owner! We went with the 3761FL! I appreciate all of your help. This community is very helpful. I can't wait to bug you guys with more pro tip's, DIY tips, and general suggestions! Thank you all very much. Can't wait to start contributing when I gain some more experience/knowledge.

Y'all are awesome!
Congratulations I hope you are as happy with yours as we are with ours.
Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:02 PM   #29
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
All I can say is our 25 kids & grand kids keep telling us our 2018 3790 feels so comfortable and home. I love this unit, the best of the months. Fantastic storage. 2 trips to Fairbanks and back to Arizona. I like my tools.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:07 AM   #30
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Congrats on the new rig. I think you'll love the floorplan. We have the 3731FL and love it. We do have a second door near the bathroom so access while on the road is easy. That turned out to be crucial while on the road going home last spring. Our only contact with the outside world in four days travel was at fuel pumps and then still no human contact. With yours it looks like if you bump the dinette out about half way you should have good access.
Do you have a tow vehicle already. That rig carries some weight. You're gonna need at least a 1 ton and likely a dually. My rig is just a tad lighter and I'm slightly overweight on my F350 SRW.
We have also made several mods to ours to improve it. Remember you have a floorplan that you like but you don't have to stay with all the details. Make it your own.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #31
mach1muscle351
Established Member

M.O.C. #25598
Thanks DebNJim,

Since you asked. I do have a tow vehicle.

99 f250 SWD 7.3, all buffed up to tow..

So, I guess I don't really have a tow vehicle since yea it probably will never be safe even if I got it upgraded and brought it to an official alter-er to restcker. Unless someone know's something else about that.

Otherwise, I will be selling and upgrading.

I have a deployment coming up soon though so she won't see many miles for a few months anyways.
mach1muscle351 is offline   Reply With Quote