Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2005, 01:05 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eric Roellig

Ed,

My understanding was that all the people that had replaced the thermostat was the older non-IR remote type. The problem with the IR remote thermostat is that the wiring is completely different and no one has figured out how or if a more conventional thermostat will work in its place...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All I was suggesting is that the wiring for the IR remote could be WAY different than the old conventional. If true, then it could be really difficult to find a replacement.

Eric
Eric, you are correct. The only thermostat replacements made up to this point were of the NON-Remote type. I being one of them.
Up to this point none of the MOCers have figured out a way to replace these JUNK remote units.

What truely amazes me is Montana's claim that they read these threads and their claim that the MOCers comments are important to them and yet they do little if anything to assist us.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote