Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2004, 07:21 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Where on earth is my block heater?

'05 Ford 6.0 powerstroke diesel. I read on dieselmann's page that all 6.0's come with a block heater but only those in certain states come with the cord to plug it in. We bought in a state that is not listed as having the cord. Our selling dealer told us he was not aware they came with it, thought you have to order it. That was their service writer.

I can buy the cord but first want to make sure we have the block heater. Nowadays it's not easy to see up under the engine to the block. I know it should be in a location where a freeze plug would go but I can't find it. It's too darn cold to lay under there very long. I can't see to each of those locations and would have to do some feeling around but can't do that with a heavy coat on.

Anybody know where the block heater is on the '05 Ford 6.0? On our '03 the cord was on the passenger side of the grill so I assume it was on that side. I would think the '05 would be in the same location. I need to find where that cord would attach to before I spring for $60 for the cord. Don't want to buy it and then find out we don't have the block heater.

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote