Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2005, 05:09 AM   #1
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Hilton Head SC

We are headed to Hilton Head SC March 3-6 for a high school baseball tournament my son will be playing in. Anyone have any suggestions as to where a good place to stay would be. We were thinking about staying at Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort. Anyone have any information on this park?

Thanks,
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida

Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There are only two RV parks on Hilton Head. We were there a couple of years ago. One is a motorhomes only park. The other one is the one we used. It is a beautiful park. I forgot its name but it's off to the left shortly after you enter the island. The landscaping is beautiful and gives you some privacy. They have waterfront sites if you want to pay a little extra. It's one of the nicest parks we've ever stayed in, possibly the nicest.

When you get to the south shore of the island, the island you see to the south, maybe ten miles away is Tybee Island. We're there (Rivers End CG at Tybee Island, Savannah) right now and will be until March 10th. If you venture over to Tybee, let us know and maybe we can get together. It's roughly 50 miles. Or, if you like bbq pork, we could meet you at the Pink Pig, which is about half way between us. We have friends on Hilton Head who took us there. It's definitely a "local color" place but was featured in some magazine awhile back, or so I'm told. You are there for a short time so may not have time to get together. But if it works for you, email me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:17 AM   #3
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Thanks Steve for the information and the offer. We have to wait and see what happens time wise with our son's baseball tournament. It's one of those things where if they win we will have to be with them if they lose our son will want to be alone. But, if time permits the Pink Pig sounds fun. I will have my laptop with me and if we can swing it I will email you. Thanks again.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Old 03-03-2005, 04:35 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
sounds like a nice place!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:20 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jeff, good luck to your son in the tournament! We fully understand the situation and if it doesn't work out this time, then maybe another time. Good luck this weekend. Oh, the Pink Pig has more than bbq pork on the menu. If you drive 170A, it's right across from a gas station in Levy, SC. Small place. Definitely local color.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Well All, we stayed at Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort. What a great place. If you haven't been you need to go stay there. It's one of the most friendly, clean places we have stayed. It was only $32 a night for non-water front $42 wter front all with full hook up including cable. We were not there much do to baseball games but we were there enough to know that it will be a place we go back to.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida

We highly recommend the place if you are ever in the neck of the woods. here's the link to their web site http://www.outdoor-rv.com/

Steve we will certainly try to get together next time we are in the area.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Old 03-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jeff, we're pulling out of here this Thursday but we want to come back one of these days. Maybe we'll see you on the road somewhere or at a rally. Hope your son's games went well or at least you all had a good time.