Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
MOC to the Rescue (again)

We are having our bath tub removed and the area turned into a walk in shower. With the prospect of having the bath out of operation for a week, I went to the Montana and installed the new shower head we bought last winter. During the process, I got a bit warm, so I went to turn on the air. All I got was "EE" on the thermostat. WTH???

So I came in the house and Googled Duo Therm EE. I got a whole bunch of hits and not one of them was any help. Then I figuratively slapped myself upside the head and came here. My first search: Duo Therm EE turned up no posts. For newbies to the search function - it only goes back so far, a year I believe. So I checked the Archive box and tried again. BINGO! Turns out there is a reset procedure to get rid of the dreaded EE and restore the thermostat to operation. So once again, the site has come to the rescue!

BTW: for those who wish to know what the reset process is, GO SEARCH!!!

Just Kidding, here it is:

1. Turn slide switch to OFF position
2. Press and hold MODE (top) and ZONE (bottom) buttons
3. Turn slide switch to ON position
4. Release MODE and ZONE buttons
5. FF appears indicating reset is complete

Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Wow! Good info. Thank you for posting the fix.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Yes, thanks. I've saved this page for future info hoping I'll never need it.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
My duotherm thermostat went bad two days ago and I bought a new one at the RV dealer. There were 2 seperate sheets of operating instructions and mounting instructions. I hooked it all up and got the "EE" as well. Their only troubleshooting help was to "call the customer service number".
Fat chance of me sitting on the phone listening to elevator music waiting for someone in India to answer the phone when I can fire up the lap top and check in here for the solution.
Used the reset procedure and it's working like it should. Thanks for the info.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote