Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2005, 04:00 AM   #1
Montana_1929
Established Member

M.O.C. #1929
WINDOW LEAKING

We went camping in spite of the forecasted weather. Rain, and lots of it. We went to a local lake with level concrete pads so I figure no big deal. Everything was fine until I sit on the couch in the main slide and notice the arm is wet. I open the blinds to find a steady drip of rain water coming in from the top of the window. Then I see that the window frame has the seam at the top. I would expect it to be at the bottom just for this reason. I check all the other windows and sure enough they are all (seams) on the bottom except the window on the opposite end of the slide.
Does anyone have any knowledge of how these windows are supposed to be installed? I will be setting up an appointment to get it fixed and was hoping to have some info on proper installation/repair procedures.

Thanks...
Dave

BTW... It is a, 2005 Keystone Mountaineer 318BHS we bought this past August

Montana_1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, there should be two small weep holes in the tray of the frame. Their purpose is to allow moisture to escape to the outside. They should be on the bottom. If on the top, that could allow rain into the coach. We had another member who had a window frame or two upside down so it's not unheard of.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:46 AM   #3
Montana_1929
Established Member

M.O.C. #1929
The elongated drain (weep) holes are on the bottom, so I guess the frame joint isn't the issue as far as location? I guess it's into the repair shop for investigation...

Thanks for the response...

Dave
Montana_1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
I had one that leaked because the weep holes were plugged. Obviously you have already found the weep holes but did you check to see if they are plugged?

Good Luck
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:24 PM   #5
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We had the rear window by the table that leaked. Turned out that it wasn't sealed. After they resealed it and have had no problems since. I ran out the slides the other day, we have had lots of rain here and I rechecked the other day and it is dry. So resealing the window may help. Hope they find the solution for you.

Save travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 02:50 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Had a good sized leak in our rear window last summer--required a towel stuffed in the bottom to control run-off. Our dealer re-sealed it when we had it in for warranty work. We checked it last weekend after the melt-off of huge snows and then heavy rains for three days Dry as a bone. Your dealer should be able to fix the problem without difficulty. Keep us posted. Good luck!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote