Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Nesta
Established Member

M.O.C. #2444
Feel like one of the group at last

After a very l-o-n-g, hot, frustrating summer, we FINALY got away on our maiden voyage. and it was only about 15km from home. But hey !!, after the gutless used truck problems. and the selling the gutless truck problems. and then the usual summer family birthdays, anniversaries, baby Christenings etc. etc. We Just needed to get somewhere to make sure everything worked in the Monty. So we bought a new truck. A NEW truck. 2005, GMC 2500 Sierra 4x4 Duramax diesel. If things go wrong with this one we have a warranty and roadside assistance to fall back on. After already breaking it to the kids that we may will not be around for Christmas, we now have to tell them that we are way over spent on their inheritance. In fact they probably owe us money. ( well that's my logic anyway.)..
We got to the park and set up.
Yes, everything worked. Mike even got excited when he found the hot water tank bypass valve. (after our question here last week about plumbing diagrams). Not that he needed it right now but he had seen it mentioned and wanted to know where it was. He also found a coiled up piece of pipe in the same are as the valves. He thinks it may be used to get the anti freeze in for winterizing. any thoughts on that would be welcome.
We made use of a lot of your suggestions that we have read. For instance we changed the sofa bed and the lounge chair around and find it so much easier to watch TV . We are going to leave 2 of the dining chairs at home next time for more room with the rockers. We may even turn the dinning table round eventually as someone did .
We thank you all for your helpful hints. We will be off next week for another adventure. a bit further away this time though.
Mike and Nesta.

Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Congrat's on your first official trip!

When we got our used 3575RL last November, it sat in a shop for several weeks getting some known issues taken care of. Then we were so hot-to-trot that we went out on our first real trip in February (in northern Illinois.)

That first trip takes your breath away, doesn't it?

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Glad your troubles are behind you, now enjoy the Monty!!!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Congratulations on your first trip! It is indeed a special experience! Ours was only for two nights but we had a good time getting to know our Montana!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
How wonderful your first trip was so successful. We know you will have many more and you will fall in love with that Monty more and more.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:07 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Nesta, our 3380RL has worked great on our trip to Alaska, except for our water tank problem, which no one else will most likely ever experience. The design is great for a long trip as the kitchen is easily accessible by opening the dining room slide just a little. And the bathroom is ever ready for a quick stop. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Mke and Nesta: From one Canadian to another. Don't antifreeze your unit. Head to the Rio Grand Valley with the rest of the Canadian members that are retired and go there in the winter. You had better save some of the improvements for a rainy day or you will have to sit and watch TV. Good choice of truck. Enjoy life.....and drive safe.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:17 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Nesta

So we bought a new truck. A NEW truck. 2005, GMC 2500 Sierra 4x4 Duramax diesel. If things go wrong with this one we have a warranty and roadside assistance to fall back on. After already breaking it to the kids that we may will not be around for Christmas, we now have to tell them that we are way over spent on their inheritance. In fact they probably owe us money. ( well that's my logic anyway.)
Now where have I heard that one before??????????

Oh yeah!!! That was me!!! Not quite a thousand miles on ours but we luv it already as I am sure you will too.

BTW-Your logic works for me. Now if we could convince the kids.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote