Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #61
lmurphy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2328
Hi Margee, you can add Tim & Lydia to your list. We have reservations for May 25th thru May 29th on site #301 . Wouldn't miss it for anything. It's such a great area and the group of people attending are just wonderful.

lmurphy

Old 09-25-2006, 03:07 AM   #62
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
D and M on the road: Doug: Can we be added to the list of atendees at Siskiyou? We met Dave Anderson here at Goshen and he's not going to be there so we reserved his site(342). We plan on getting there the 24th and leaving the 29th. Bob Pasternak & Jeanne Huebner
Old 10-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #63
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Absolutely! Sorry to hear Dave & Kelly won't be coming but very happy to have you and Jeanne throwing your hat in the ring!

We'll get you added to the list right now.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 AM   #64
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
The park is running low on spaces in section 300. We got #308 from May 25-29. The reservationist implied in the tone of her voice that this is one of the smaller spaces so we're hoping our 2955 will be happy. Now we have the fun of figuring out where else to play between Northern Texas and Northern California.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:03 AM   #65
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Glad you will be joining us. Don is away this week but when he gets back he will let you know about that space and whether you will be OK in it. We have only stayed in 2 spaces in the park and our 2955 was OK. I thought the 300 section was already full for the rally, so hope that spot will work for you.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #66
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
We stayed in space 309 at the Spring Rally, with our huge rig ..(those that know us know why we are the "partycrashers")...next to us in space 308 was a Montana from this forum. The rig is a good size, I don't know what model #. Without having all the right info. I don't think they had any concerns about the size.
Best of luck.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:48 AM   #67
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Jerry & Penny, I just added you to the main listing. Welcome! You are going to meet some fine folks and have a wonderful time.

If you are still looking for places to camp between Texas and California, there are some beaches around Pismo, Ca where you can actually drive your truck and 5th wheel right onto the beach to camp. I am sure some others will come along and tell you about those.

Again, welcome aboard!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #68
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
Pismo Beach sounds cool. Never thought about a beach camp. In general, we will wind our way west thru Tucson to San Diego and then north. Solvang and Hearst Castle sound interesting although I don't know if US 1 Pacific Coast Highway is still as curvy and slow as I remember (I was raised in San Jose). Carmel and Monterey are on the wish list. Then up thru the Bay area to Lake Siskiyou (Yeah!) with maybe a redwood tree along the way. The road back would be thru southern Utah (Zion & Bryce). Campground suggestions are very welcome.

Penny enjoys a good game of Hold'em, so she'll be looking for some nice poker rooms along the way in California. We'll be sampling California wine and meeting some great Montana folks.

Jerry and Penny
Retirement isn't all its cracked up to be...its better.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #69
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jjparker,
Highway 1 is just as curvy and slow as you remember it. There have not been a lot of changes.

The MOC Spring National Rally is being held in Buelleton, CA in the middle of April 2007. That is about 40 miles north of Santa Barbara. If that works out with your schedule then plan on stopping by and visiting for a few days.

Happy Travels.

HamRad
Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #70
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
HamRad,
I checked out the campgrounds in your PictureTrail and the Flying Flags camp in Buelleton. You have been to places on our wishlist, e.g. Humboldt Redwoods and Solvang and Hearst, and we can take your lead. I enjoyed your pictures except the Canadian fire and shackle wear. I hope RV lost to fire wasn't yours.

Jerry
Old 10-19-2006, 06:21 AM   #71
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Jerry
A heads up on Highway 1. It is closed between Half Moon Bay and Pacifica at Devil's Slide. This area has been a slide area for many years and this time it is really bad. There is no date of opening mentioned. I personally would not want to pull an RV through the 1 around the Carmel/Monterey area. We've stayed at and enjoyed the Marina Dunes in Marina (right outside Carmel/Monterey), the Pelican in Half Moon Bay and the KOA in Petaluma. Didn't like the Novato campground. We did not like the CG in Pacifica although I understand they have remodeled. Very narrow sites. So many of the campgrounds in the Monterey area have bad access roads that are steep and winding. Check with the campground before you go to find out if they recommend coming there with a unit as big as our Montanas. Casa del Fruta is also a neat place just south and east of San Jose. I worked in the larger Bay area and lived in the 5er for 6 or 7 years. We'll look forward to seeing you at Mt. Shasta and hear of your adventures.
Happy trails....................
Old 01-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #72
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Margee, thought we had given our dates and site # already but after looking at the list, guess not! We made reservations when leaving last year, we'll be in site 330, May 23-29 (checking out 30th). Thanks, looking forward to the good time and good food.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 AM   #73
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
Margee,
Jennifer and I will be back at site #328, always looking forward to meeting up with you guys every year. We will arrive on May 25th thru May 29th.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #74
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I recently talked to Margee and she will be updating the list soon.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #75
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
Margee, we will be there! In fact, we made our reservations when we were leaving last year, so we're all set. We are arriving on the 24th and leaving on the 28th. We will be in site 331. Please include us on your list. We can't wait to see everyone once again!
Mike and Amy
Old 01-31-2007, 04:25 AM   #76
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Watch out folks! I'm back!!

I just updated the list for the Lake Siskiyou Rally. Please let us know if we are missing any of your information or have it wrong. More importantly, let us know if we are missing YOU from the list....*oh no!*

It's a mighty fine group of folks we have attending, as those of you who have attended the previous Lake Siskiyou rallys before know. Great people, great food, great times.

Nancy (ToolManRoy) is heading up the White Elephant Gift Exchange again this year. I already bought my gift and I think we all know what LijeBaley is bringing this year....*LOL The big question is, who is going to get stuck with those dancing/singing flowers this year?? Who knows, maybe the flowers will someday end up at a National Rally if they should have a White Elephant Exchange.

Don (Searchers) is heading up the Saturday night bbq dinner again and he does such a mighty fine job of it. And as before, we'll have "Male Bonding" around the bbq since it was such a hit last year. I had so much fun just watching those guys smoke their cigars, enjoy their drinks and tell their jokes, what a hoot.

I'll be doing another rally book, but it won't have such a long questionnaire. Watch in your email for the new shorter version in the next couple of weeks. I might try to incorporate a photo on everyone's page so be looking for one of you and your spouse/significant-other that you might want to use.

In keeping with our theme of not scheduling too many events and keeping the rally "relaxed & informal", we'll not be having a formal Show & Tell this year as we all pretty much know each others rigs by now. If you have something you'd like to show off, type up a list and post it at the clubhouse with your name and site number and what day/time you will be around to Show & Tell. Also be sure to mention it at the "Meet & Greet" on the Friday night.

A rally timeline will get posted soon.

We're looking forwards to seeing you all again. Somehow, once a year doesn't seem to be enough.

We had incredible weather at the rally last year, hopefully we'll have it again this year.

More details to come.............

Old 01-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #77
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Where have you been? We have missed you. Do you know what the procedure is for getting one of the cancelled spots? My brother is interested in getting Paul Seversons space #344.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:47 PM   #78
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Doug,

I believe you'll have to coordinate with the party that canceled and the park. I think if a site is canceled it's available to the next reservation request, regardless of the RV type. I'm sending you an e-mail of those I know have or are planing to cancel.

Don
Old 02-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #79
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Doug Henry.... are you organizing one of your popular golfing dates for the Lake Siskiyou rally this year?

Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 AM   #80
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Margee,

We made the swap with Mel and Joy Thompson today for space #309. We will be coming in on the 24th and leaving on the 29th.

Looking forward to this rally!

Thanks,
Closed Thread