Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #1
Montana_2505
Established Member

M.O.C. #2505
New 2005 3295RK and NOT HAPPY

Lovely as it is inside....just some tips to shoppers and gripes from here....(We've had ours about 2 month and it has about 320 miles on it). Here are the problems and below I'll tell you the outcome from a week in the shop.
Another Note...we're in Colorado and it's not even really cooold yet...

1) Surround Sound???? HAH! Came with a "Q" (Quest) ? "surround sound" with DVD player. At first we could only get ANY sound from the speaker over the dining table. There was a BUZZZ emitting from the speaker by the couch. By phone, the dealer said it only works with a DVD inserted. Spent hours with the book and tried every combination (with DVD in and with DVD out), but no luck.
After a week in the shop: The dealer said they replaced the unit. Now we get sound ONLY from the speakers over the TV. We still get a BUZZZZ from the speaker by the couch, but nothing else. Now the dealer says whenever the electricity goes off you have to reprogram it. We tried and tried and tried to reprogram it. Ain't happenin'!

2) Heating Unit---Dometic "Remote Comfort Control" HAH!
The first time we tested this outfit was when we left it for 48 hours set on 70F. When we left for our little excursion the temp outside was 40ish and raining in the daytime. Next day on our return to the RV it was 60ish and sunshine outside, and the temp INSIDE our RV was OVER 100F. And furnace was running full blast.
After a week in the shop, the dealer replaced the remote control. We've had the RV back for 3 days and so far--so good.
Comment: We almost INSISTed that the dealer replace this idiotic remote control system with a NORMAL thermostat (as it shows a NORMAL thermostat as an alternative in the manual), but Dealer says can't be done as wiring is different. Be prepared to be a rocket scientist for this one. AND if you lose your remote control??? It's hopeless! And don't forget to put several copies of the manual is SAFE SECURE locations. (This goes for ALL you manuals as so far, we've had to use them all daily)

3) We have a fireplace under the TV. Nice and Beautiful, and even puts out a little heat...The entertainment center is in the Kitchen slideout...BUT....
There is a toggle switch next to the microwave....and to use the fireplace, you must flip the switch which turns OFF the microwave. To use the microwave, you must flip the switch to turn OFF the fireplace. Can't use them both at the same time. We don't even bother to set the clock on the micro/w as we'd have to reset it again next meal. 7 or 8 times a day sometimes. Another problem related to this....We have the island kitchen (nice as it provides extra cabinet space) and on the outside of the island towards the dining table, there is a plug. One of the special things we noticed before buying this rig, it's a really convenient location for plugging in our small electric heater for toasting our toes. HOWEVER, this plug is tied to the kitchen slideout and when even a phone charger is plugged into it, the breaker flips. There's another kitchen plug in the slideout under the window next to the stove. A perfect place for a blender, processer, etc. but both are useless.

4) The shower door towel rack on the outside of the door: The dealer brought this to our attention ( the ONLY inconvenient thing he brought to our attention) the day we first looked at this model. The only reason he brought it up was because I started to use the towel rack to open the shower door. He mentioned that it is a problem because people tend to use the towel rack to OPEN the shower door and the entire glass comes with it--shattering!!

5) Regrigerator -Dometic 8 cu ft. The refrigerator sucks. Itty- bitty. The door was squeaking after just a couple of weeks of use. We were stupid, I guess, assuming that in a fifth wheel this size and at THIS PRICE, that we'd get a decent sized refrigerator. We traded in a 28' Thor which had a 10 cu ft refrig...quite accomodating and with a DECENT vegetable drawer. The night we went to pick up this new Montana and were moving everything from our old rig, and about 45 minutes AFTER we signed the papers on this new one was when we discovered the cheesey frig. Dealer changed the subject. After a week in the shop, they did oil the door. I could've done that of course, but wanted them to hear it squeak first.

6)Ahhhh yes...The Arctic Package....
When we would open the lower cabinets in the kitchen, it was no different than opening the refrigerator. The coldest temp outside had been only down to around 30-35F (nights) and 40-60 sunshiny days and burrrrr! Those cabinets AND the floor were icy! Couldn't get this critter warm (or else with the furnace, it was boiling hot inside-For a MINUTE or so), but once the furnace kicked off (which was manual only), it was immediately icy again. After a week in the shop, we were told that when the trailer hitch was installed on the rear, all the insulation had been removed and the holes that had been cut to weld the trailer hitch had not been closed up. After a week in the shop, Dealer sprayed expanding foam inside that area and sealed it with some kind of black rubber tape. I don't think the rubber tape is going to last long and plan another more secure covering, but the refrigerator effect seems to have waned.

7) Leaking bedroom slide: The 48 hours we had left the RV(when the thermostat beserked), we also returned to discover a severe leak from the bedroom slide. A flooded bedroom from rain. After the week in the shop, Dealer caulked the slide on the side that was leaking. Looks bad and I could've done that myself. Hasn't rained since we got it back, so don't know yet.

8) Bathroom fan sounded like a semi truck. Dealer stopped the rattling.

9) Fantastic Vent!! Comes with a wall unit control....Have fun! Dealer couldn't even figure it out....

10)Microwave/Convection/Halftime oven....Haven't used anything but the microwave so far. Been dealing with other problems, and couldn't take on another one yet. Have heard these units are questionable, but keeping fingers crossed.

11) Have hardly used the A/C either. It's come on more when we were trying to set the FURNACE thermostat. Probably ran INTENTIONALLY not more than a few hours when we first got our Montana in September. Fingers are crossed.

12) Propone tanks--The automatic switch-over would not work. The cook-stove started burning yellow and set off our carbon-monoxide detector. I manually switched the tanks and the stove started burning normal and blue again. One of the tanks was wacko and acting empty, but was over 2/3 full. Caused the stove to huff and puff when burner was lit. After a week in the shop,Dealer said it seemed fine, but changed a regulater anyways..
Back at the RV park, we use a large rented propane tank, so we won't know until we're on the road and NEED to use the small tanks if it's fixed or not. Fingers crossed.

So far, we are dissappointed in Keystone. In the RV park where we are, our next door neighbors are 1) a 2004 35' Terry with front living rm with a fireplace----He's very happy and spent last year in his in N.Dakota. and 2) a 2004 28' Comfort with no complaints on theirs either. Both these folks have had their rigs over a year and spent last winters in them. And BOTH have 10 cu ft Refrigerators!!

If we can, we plan to keep our Montana long enough so as not to lose too much when we trade it in...and make the best of it for the time being. We're just sad, thinking of all the research and trust we put into Keystone.

Montana_2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:34 AM   #2
Montana_2505
Established Member

M.O.C. #2505
FOLLOWUP RE: "Quest Surround Sound":
Just got off the phone with Dealer.
Went thru steps with him telling wife what to do to make it work.
(We had already done all this on our own day before yesterday after getting it out of the shop)....STILL DOESN'T WORK. Dealer sez the other speakers will ONLY work when a DVD with Surround Sound is inserted. The CD we were trying is SEABISCUIT and it says "DOLBY DIGITAL". Dealer sez it HAS to say "DOLBY SURROUND SOUND" or only one speaker will work, and besides, some movies only have about 30 seconds of SURROUND Sound!! So even if your movie says "surround sound" you may only get 30 seconds out of the entire movie when the back speakers work. There are settings for MONO, settings for STEREO, but they don't WORK!! (eeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!)
Uhhhhh, and Dealer also said "You have a choice...Go BUY what you want".....
THANK you, Keystone, for giving us our money's worth.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I had found that turing the prologic setting to on for the surround sound solved the problem. I have sound out of all 5 speaker while watching tv, listening to a cd, and the dvd movies as well. I am going to be replacing the unit this spring with something better, but it does work well enough now if a guy did not want to take the time to rewire a new unit.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
Montana_2505
Established Member

M.O.C. #2505
Montana Sky, thanks for the reply, but we'd already tried that (among every other combination of settings). Went thru it with Dealer today again and nothing worked differently (or worked AT ALL, actually). Hubby just rewired speakers for the time being. And yes, by rewiring, we did get sound from all the speakers. No stereo, no surround, but at least SOUND. Hubby feels that all the electronics and electrical components seem to be substandard.

We had a lower priced camper that we traded in for this "deluxe" and everything in our trade-in WORKED! All this high-falutin' stuff seems to be....welllll....garbage so far.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Whoa! You really are not a happy camper. We hope things get better for you.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Sorry to hear of all the problems your having with your Montana. That's certainly not typical of what we hear on the Moc. I can relate somewhat as I've had two Keystone products and have not been totally happy with them. Many of the problems that we had were minor but there were many! Our dealer has been very good at solving the problems we've encountered which has been positive and Keystone has stood behind the dealer as well. It certainly is disappointing when you buy a new RV and end up with a host of problems. Hope everything works out for you guys!!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #7
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
As we all know there will be problems, BUT you have PROBLEMS...
Take a few days to calm down and think things through. Yes the surround sound is junk, Yes bedroom leaks and Yes at this time you are unhappy.
I found that by taking my time going over things it wasn't that bad. Other RV's also have their problems, here at MOC we disscuss ours. Hope that everything works out and you begain to enjoy your new unit...
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Luci and Ricky,
I have the settings written down somewhere around here that I changed everything to, and yes you are correct. The surround sound system really needs to be upgraded by Keystone, getting a deal on a sub standard piece of equipment is not the right thing to install in my opinion. I will post the setting changes, and you are welcome to try if you would like, it really did make a difference. Good luck on getting the other problems fixed, I am sure once they are all corrected you will be happy that you picked a Montana.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:18 AM   #9
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
To be blunt, the sound system sucks. I took it out and replaced with my home unit. The stick house is gone anyway. As for the other things, you can work them out. I have had furnace issues,
TV issues, wonder why on earth they put the microwave and fireplace on a switch (gave up on clock settings on microwave) and so far no leaks (KOW). Sorry your experience has been so BAD!
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:48 AM   #10
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Sorry about all of your problems,we also have a 2004 montana that is full of problems, back at the dealers now;it seems to me montana units have more problems than most units,some here will disagree but in talking to fellow montana owners and owners of other keystone products there simply is no qualty control, all they care about is pushing these things off to the dealers, who then have to handle most of the complaints, the best you can hope for is a good service dept. at your dealer.We have a decent dealer, they have fixed everything we asked and a few things on their own,keystone will fix your unit, parts and authorizations will be slow so be patient,the problem mostly imo, lies with keystone for poor quality control,this is the one area they really stink at, that is from most keystone owners we have talked to.Our dealer will discontinue the Montana line effective Jan.of 2005, they said they have picked up the Everest to replace it because Montana has went too far downhill,but Everest is also a keystone product, but;from another plant,Formally was Damon. Good Luck
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:15 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Montant Sky,

Where is the prologic setting????
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:39 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, we're very happy with our 3295RK, which we've had since July, 2002. It's a 2003 model and has roughly 25,000 miles on it now. It's not been perfect, but sure has been better than any other brand we've owned in the past. Montana has been the number one seller in North America for three years running, so they must be doing something right.

You do seem to have some problems. Some of them look like real problems but I think a few of them maybe aren't really a problem but rather different than you expected. If I may, I'll add my thoughts on some of them. You, of course, are free to just ignore them or cuss me out for them (please do that privately, off line, ) It's not my intent to blast you at all but rather to just express my thoughts on them.

1. Quest system. We don't have this one. It became the standard in a later model than ours. We have on this forum heard of a number of complaints with this system. I agree this should be changed. You might read through the forum or do a search to find what others have done. Some of your problems may (or may not) have "easy" solutions, just difficult to figure out the first time. Others are truly problems. Again, just my opinion and remember I know only what I read about this system. As for when the surround sound speakers work, I'd want all speakers to work, even if in monoraul mode. Stereo systems use all speakers even when not in stereo mode.

2. Remote thermostat. Can't help on this one, either. Don't have it. There are some posts about this but not as many as about the Quest system. Sorry can't help on this one.

3. Fireplace/microwave/kitchen outlets. We don't have the fireplace so don't have that switch. A number of other folks do but I've not heard an outpouring of concerns about the switch. I would like to see them on separate circuits, though. I assume you have 50amp service. The peninsula outlets, the kitchen outlets, the computer desk outlets, the bathroom outlets and the outlets on the bed side of the bathroom wall, the fridge, and the patio outlets are all on the GFCI circuit on our 3295RK. Yours likely is the same. I feel this is far too much to have on a single circuit. However, we are able to use far more items than you say you can in yours. Right at this moment we have an electric heater running from the peninsula outlet, a light and this laptop running from the computer desk outlet, the furnace, a heater upstairs, several lights, and the fridge is on electric and we're doing just fine. If we want to run the toaster, microwave, or washer/dryer we'll need to turn one of the heaters off. I'd like to see this circuit broken into at least two circuits. Rarely do we pop the main breaker. It's almost always the GFCI circuit. Still, you should be able to do more on yours than it appears you can. Is there anything else running off any of the outlets mentioned above?

4. Don't have the towel rack on the shower door. That's actually an improvement over ours - we have NO towel rack (we added two on the throne room door). I've not heard of doors being shattered because of pulling the door open with the towel rod but maybe it happens. I think I'd be careful to use the normal door opener just in case. I guess I don't really see this as a big problem since I don't recall anyone reporting a shattered door. Maybe if it's happened to someone they'll speak up. Still I would use the rod only for its intended purpose.

5. Fridge. If your Thor had a 10 cu. ft refrigerator, then it was an extra cost option and highly unusual. RVs of that size usually have a 6 footer as standard with an 8 footer as an option. Larger ones, like your 3295RK have an 8 footer as an standard and a 10 footer as an option. Check the brochures or your order sheet. It's there. We have the 8 footer (had a 6 in two smaller fw's) and get along just fine with it even though we're fulltiming. It's not quite like our 25 cu ft fridge we had in our stick home but we make do. We just stop more often for milk, etc., on our way home. And we also will pour a gallon of milk into quart containers so they can fit on the door, when we have more than one gallon onboard. A few of the high end fifthwheels now have a house style fridge available in larger sizes (I think they're 110v only?). But the vast majority of rv's have either 6 or 8 footers. A few have 10. By the way, Keystone is owned by Thor, also.

6. Arctic Package and hitch on rear. I hope you read your manual and noted that by installing a hitch on the frame you voided your frame warranty. It's in the manual. If your dealer installed this he should have told you. Nevertheless, some folks have done the same and have not reported any frame problems. Arctic Package. On the 3295RK if you lift the door in the kitchen that accesses the water heater you can see an opening along the back wall where some wires come in. You can tell there is no insulation back there. But there should be. At our September rally when we toured the factory I pointed this out to a highly place person who was very interested in hearing this. Hopefully this will be rectified on future 3295rk's. For us, I filled that space best I could by shoving roll insulation through that hole, up along the top of the peninsula lower cabinets where it's also open to the water heater area, insulated along the inside back wall below the computer desk and in the peninsula, and insulated around the water heater cabinet (inside) since that area is vented to the outside. I didn't close off the venting, just preventing that cold air from coming on into the inside of the coach by isolating that area from the inside of the coach. We spent last Nov/Dec in weather down to 14 degrees with a number of days never rising above the low to mid twenties. We're in the same area now until early January. We did just fine although it was not super hot in here. We used some electric heaters to augment the furnace and cut down on propane use. We also put 3M window film over our windows since we did not get the optional dual-paned windows (a mistake not to get that, for us). And I used that expanding foam to close all openings into the underbelly and in the basement storage area. I also used foam pipe insulation on exposed water lines in the basement, just to cut down on heat loss. That hot water travels a long ways to reach the shower and bathroom sink. It states right in the manual that Montanas are not meant for fulltime living and temperature extremes (I think it says that latter, would have to look). So we have to make some adjustments if we want to do those things anyhow.

7. leaking bedroom slide. This is a serious problem. Do some searching on this forum and you'll find where others have had this problem and how it was solved for some. Others are still fighting it. We've not had this problem but did have wet carpet from traveling in rain but it was by the kitchen slide. We have a Jan appt to get this fixed since the last fix only lasted a couple of days. Your dealer should fix this for you under warranty.

8. bathroom fan. True in every single RV I've been in including multi-hundred-thousand dollar class A's. The easy fix is to replace the fan with a quiet ball-bearing 12v computer case fan. Did that two years ago and this would be my first change in any new rig. Major major difference. Pulls more air and much quieter.

9. Fantastic Fan Wall Unit. Just added our Fantastic Fan but didn't get the wall thermostat. Our prior Montana had the wall unit. It really wasn't difficult to use. Didn't even have to read the manual. It's a thermostat. What problem are you having with this? Sounds like a wiring problem?

10. Microwave/Convection Oven/Half time oven - most have either an oven or a convection oven or a microwave. Sounds like you have all of the above? You're lucky, you have a choice. Some folks love the convection oven, others hate it. Not sure what the problem is here?

11. AC. You must have a problem here. We don't have the remote control but our thermostat you can run either the AC or the furnace but not both. If yours can run both maybe there's a deeper problem the dealer needs to check out. First make sure you didn't hit the wrong buttons on the remote. Sorry, don't mean to make that sound like it does, just wouldn't want you to find that out while demonstrating for the dealer. If you find you can replace the thermostat with a hard wired wall unit, check out the posts in this forum about going with a Hunter or Lux wall unit that allows adjustment of the swing in temperature to eliminate the hot/cold/hot cycle you mention.

12. Propane tanks. If the switchover doesn't work the dealer should replace it. The other problem sounds like a problem with a tank itself. The newer tanks have an interior valve to prevent overfilling and also to prevent mass discharge in case of an accident. I know these valves can occasionally get stuck when filling the tank and cause the kind of problem you describe. Sometimes you can take the tank out and tilt it back and forth a bit and gently tap on the side and it will break loose. I don't know how you tell other than it starts working. This one might be hard to demonstrate for the dealer but I'd ask him if he'll swap tanks with you if you get yours filled and bring it in.

I hope your dealer gets the problems fixed to your satisfaction. I don't think you'll find a better FW for the money than the Montana, despite what your neighbors think of theirs. I have enough experience to have some serious doubts about their comments, especially the one with the Terry. As for them having 10 cu ft fridges, that's an option your neighbors got and you didn't. By the way, if you look at http://www.komfort-rv.com/, look at the features page, you'll find this statement under "interior amenities" - "Extra-large double door refrigerator with Norcold© 821 user-adjustable thermostat". That's an 8 (actually 7.5 or thereabouts) cu ft refrigerator. No options are listed on the site but if there's a 10 footer available it's an extra cost option, just like your Montana and mine. So I don't think you can blame Keystone if your fridge is smaller than your neighbors'. I didn't check the Terry but would bet it's the same. Neither of those brands is the quality of the Montana. We also have researched heavily before we bought our first and second Montana. Since we are hard on ours, living fulltime in it and traveling the country, I'll take the Montana. Hope I'm not sounding harsh, just expressing my thoughts.

Good luck. I really do hope this all gets worked out to your satisfaction. Please keep us posted.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #13
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sgf

montana units have more problems than most units,some here will disagree but in talking to fellow montana owners and owners of other keystone products there simply is no qualty control
Do you really think that's a FAIR statement to say when there are so many happy people in comparision to those few that have slight problems. These slight problems just need to be brought to the dealers attention.

I FOR ONE AM HAPPY WITH MINE, HAVE HAD ALOT OF CAMPERS IN MY DAYS.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:17 PM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
My question is why did you buy a unit that had a smaller frig than you wanted. Whey didn't you order a larger one - it is an option. Many of us are really happy with our units. I haven't heard anything about the shower door. I use the handle all the time. We love our fireplace, our fantastic fan which is not hard to use, and we have gotten use to the thermostat being a little off and reading the directions have learned to set it so it goes off after we go to bed and comes on 20 mintues before we get up. We never expect an RV to be "just like home" or a stick house. But isn't that part of the experience? We tent camped before we bought our first 5er 10 years ago and we think our Monty is real "up town". We also love the convection oven.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:40 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am confused, I have the 3400RL with a fire place and microwave. I can run them both at the same time on 30amp and 50amp service. Heck, we only have 30amp at the lake which is where the coach spends most of its summers and I have run things like the central vac, and fire place along with the ceiling fan and had the coffee pot on as well. At night I have had the dvd, tv, fireplace on at once and even popped a bag of popcorn in the microwave. Maybe I am just lucky nothing had blown yet from using so many things at once. I will have to agree, that dollar for dollar the Montana is a great coach.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #16
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Well said Steve,
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:27 AM   #17
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Sue, I am not busting on the Montana unit,and like I said, some will disagree with me,but our unit has spent three months total at the dealers, it is not even one year old yet;for which we consider major issues,bad a/c unit, bad furnace, slides leaking, roof replacement,bubbles in the fiberglass, carpet has tore,shower leaks, water lines reversed, windows leaked water, day-nite shades not properly installed,dvd system never worked,tires have worn on one side,not to mention alot of other issues that I have repaired or the Dealer,which has been great.Also the cabinets fell down on the couch in the large slide and we had a major gas leak.Was my Pdi bad, probably I should have caught some of these issues or the dealer before we took delivary.Most other Keystone owners we have talked too also had problems, maybe we are not being fair to keystone ;but our other two units never ever went back to the dealer for one small problem.They were not Keystone products,our pop-up was a Coleman and our tt was a Sunline,which, we think was vastly superior in construction,i.e. cabinets were all screwed together,no staples,the unit ran true and straight, 30,000 miles and still the tires looked brand new, less than one thousand on the monty and one side was totally wore out.We, just think that Keystone is selling more than any other fiver and is not inspecting the units before they leave the factory, thatis all we are saying, could we have problems like this with another brand, sure;the Monty is beautiful and fits our needs very well, we are just saying they need to more closely check these units before they leave forthe dealers.Ours is getting repaired to our satisfaction and hopefully that will take care of everything,we just do not like paying this kind of money to run back to the dealer constantly.We only use this unit for vacations and weekends and yes,we are super picky, no shoes in the unit and the better half is always cleaning the inside.I have already waxed the unit 5 times and it was just built in Nov. of last year.Just my 2 cents worth and by no means was I saying all Keystones are built bad, but this unit sure was and the units of some of our friends were also.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:34 AM   #18
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Luci & Ricki,
Sorry to hear you have issues, but can I ask "Did you guys order your unit"? or bought off the lot?
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:17 AM   #19
Montana_1985
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1985
Wow...what a bevy of issues!!
We have similar products in our '05 3650RK.
The vantastic-vent works perfectly (we actually have to clean the screen 2x month as it sucks out the room dirt!!)

We, too, have the remote control for the environment issues. It is rather confusing, as the remote itself is the thermostat.
Also, the remote MUST have line-of-sight to the wall unit, as the remote actually activates and sends the infrared signal to the wall unit which cycles the furnace/AC. We have the remote(when not using it) mounted to the inside kitchen wall. I sit it on the island kitchen for it to cycle the furnace/ac when in use.
It would be nice if the remote was more "user friendly", but I find myself referring to the directions almost every time I have to do something that I had'nt used before.

Our surround sound is also bad, at best. And with the player sitting directly on top of the fireplace, we found that we have to prop the door open with the f/p running. Without this added air circulation, the player overheats and starts skipping/locking on DVD playback. Why Keystone put the door on so that the hinges are on top, instead of the bottom, is mindless to me. I would have (and still might) flip the dvd door over, so it comes down. (It won't stay up and makes player operations very awkward).

Our only problem with our unit (so far) was the eyebrow board that controls the fridge went bad two hours after we started using the fridge. The dealer replaced the board immediately, and have since had no problems with it.

My other problem, if it is one, is the brakes seemed to not work after going thru a FL rainstorm. As we are here for 5 weeks, i've not had the opp. to test them again on the road. I'm hoping this was just wet magnets, or a quick short thru the underside wires. Anyone else have this happen??

We left our VA location in Sept., and have now finally gotten on the road and we love our Montana. I hope you have all your issues dealt with, as we feel lucky(?) that we did not experience major malfunctions as you did; it leaves a really bad taste for camping.

Good luck!!

Montana_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:10 AM   #20
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
In our unit, I can only use one kitchen appliance at a time. If I have the coffee pot on and try to make toast (different outlets) the circut breaker blows. The whole board. Have had to buy new ones twice. Paying over $50,000 for this thing it should not happen. The fantastic fans (we are not stupid people) are hard to figure out. I followed the directions step by step. Still didn't work. Then just pushed a button and bingo it worked. These small things shouldn't happen. Our cabinet railing above the cabinets isn't even finished in spots. Forget our dealer. Some of you know who we have. Don't even want to go back there. Leaks in the shower, leaks in the bathroom sink. Careless quality control. Never had these kind of problems with our Class A's.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote