Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
McIver
Gone Traveling

M.O.C. #12840
Chairs

Discovered yesterday that the dining chairs all have storage areas withing. The seat lifts up. Who knew?

McIver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bummer... we learned about it during a new rig PDI. Did you not get one? I hear some new owners don't get one if you buy from a private party and the sellers don't wanna spend that kind of time; they just want their cash and for you to leave.

We store table mats and some games in there and that's about it. We don't full time so we don't have a need to use storage areas like that very much.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
If you store anything with weight in them, you can pop the cardboard bottoms off. Wine bottles fit in them but are a bit heavy. I replaced the bottoms with luan plywood screwed to the chairs. Works great. It's also a great place to store placemats and stuff like that.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I knew. Very handy!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
PDI????? We bought ours at Nature's Way RV in Crystal River, FL. It was a consignment as the people that bought it new, he had a heart attack after 3 months in Florida, and she took him home to pass away, and was convinced the trip to Florida killed him, so said she was never coming back. The Monty had only been lived in 3 months and was just like brand new, however the RV sales did absolutely nothing as far as PDI. It was obvious if you didn't buy "their" sales brand they weren't interested in you. I would never recommend them, but some deals end up like that. But looking back, and looking at what we have, wouldn't have changed a thing, we love the unit and would never even consider trading up. But on the other hand, the original owners had it long enough to go thru any factory goofs, as we have had not even one hitch with it. So we're happy campers. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like you got a great deal and a lovely rig. If not knowing about the chairs is your biggest problem, life is good!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #7
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
My problem is having five of them I'm always wondering which one has the playing cards
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
We were shown that during our PDI at the dealership. It has come in handy for storing "things"......
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Flymutt, consider it a "shell game"...... LOL
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #10
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
They are nice until you forget where you put that brand new package of printer paper and you tear the rig apart looking for it. Then you give up and go buy another new package and are looking for a place to store the new package of paper. It's a vicious cycle around here. I sometimes wish the chairs didn't have that storage.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #11
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
In our Monty, I removed the existing storage compartment and built new much deeper storage areas- One of the best mods I was able to do to our Monty- JMHO- Don
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
McIver
Gone Traveling

M.O.C. #12840
I bought my rig used from a dealer in Tucson. The chairs were not mentioned in the brief PDI I received. Doubt that the tech knew about them. By the way, I found an envelope with the previous owner's name on it and called him. He said he traded the Monty in for a Class A and was sorry. Said he had less storage room in spite of the high cost differential.
McIver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by McIver

Discovered yesterday that the dining chairs all have storage areas withing. The seat lifts up. Who knew?
Just wait until you find the other secret hiding place...
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
Neil.M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12816
O' NO, Seahunter, we're not getting that started all over again are we!
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #15
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Whew, seems I just got over laying awake looking at every little thing in the bedroom looking for the secret hiding place. And now, it starts all over again. I never did find it in our 2008 Mountaineer 336RLT. But like some have already mentioned here, when you start forgetting things, everyplace seems to become a secret hiding place, especially those items you said, I'll put this right here so I'll know where its at. Went to the hardware store one day, got the item I went for and said when checking out, this is returnable isn't it? She looked at me sorta funny, so I continued with, I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago and have searched everywhere, the only way I'm going to find it is to buy another. And sure enough within a couple hours after returning to the 5er, there it was, so took the replacement back and had the same check out and she was grinning soon as I hit the door. Happy Trails, Steve
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #16
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Neil.M

O' NO, Seahunter, we're not getting that started all over again are we!
LOL - Couldn't resist...
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #17
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Susie

Whew, seems I just got over laying awake looking at every little thing in the bedroom looking for the secret hiding place. And now, it starts all over again. I never did find it in our 2008 Mountaineer 336RLT. But like some have already mentioned here, when you start forgetting things, everyplace seems to become a secret hiding place, especially those items you said, I'll put this right here so I'll know where its at. Went to the hardware store one day, got the item I went for and said when checking out, this is returnable isn't it? She looked at me sorta funny, so I continued with, I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago and have searched everywhere, the only way I'm going to find it is to buy another. And sure enough within a couple hours after returning to the 5er, there it was, so took the replacement back and had the same check out and she was grinning soon as I hit the door. Happy Trails, Steve
Thank you so much, Steve. I just knew I couldn't be the only one like that.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote