Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
There really is a Lonnie B!

There really is a Lonnie B see the proof at:
http://i26.tinypic.com/fdvexh.jpg

With the seemingly endless discussions of Mission tire failures here on MOC; I finally decided not to risk them for our upcoming trip to Alaska. I doubt that I had 6,000 miles on the Missions and they looked fine. However, with Phil’s (exav8tr) experience of three flats between Anchorage and Washington State I didn’t want to be looking for a tire somewhere in the Yukon. In our very short time of fulltiming one of the truly great things we have found is you can decide to go somewhere and then just go. We had decided on the spur of the moment to go see Carlsbad Caverns and then we decided to go see MOCs very own tire expert Lonnie B.

As you would expect for a MOC member, Lonnie is very hospitable and a great guy. He and his crew took great care of us. While at Lonnie’s we had metal valve stems installed on all of the wheels for the truck and trailer. Lonnie’s guys also checked out the trailer brakes and wheel bearings. They did find that the brake wire to one of the wheels had been cut because they were installed at the wrong location.

Lonnie and I were discussing that he had never had a customer drive all the way from California just to buy tires from him. So, if you are with one or two states of Texico, New Mexico and even think you need tires go see Lonnie.

More pictures of Lonnie, me and the new tires.

http://i26.tinypic.com/17zj3k.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/b7l5oo.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/qz1wdh.jpg

Grant aka BirdingRVer

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I just had a feeling Lonnie might be a real guy - and a nice one!

Nice shop Lonnie!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Sooo Coool- Good to hear but not surprised at your good experience at Lonnie's shop.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Grant, great pictures. Which mfg. tire brand and size did you replace the Missions with?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Lonnie is the real deal.
Thank you Lonnie for being a good person, and a good businessman. I think I speak for all, when I say I would like to shake your hand.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

Grant, great pictures. Which mfg. tire brand and size did you replace the Missions with?
I got the Bridgestone Duravis R500 Commercial Light Truck sized LT235/85R16 load range E same as Lonnie has on his Montana.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Carefull guys, all the flowers might give me the big head .

Grant, Kathy, and Raider too, the guys at the shop and I want to let you know we really enjoyed meeting, and visiting with you. They didn't know what to think when I told them you came all the way from California just to get tires, lol, I'll tell them the rest of the story in a day or two. Thank you again for trusting us to do the work on your rig.

Brad, I'm not always nice (ask my kids), but I am always real. Yes, the shop, I get alot of comments about it. People are always saying they have never seen a tire shop that looked like it should have been a country store .

Ozz, thank you for the kind words, but I'm nothing special. I just treat people the way I like to be treated, and conduct business the same way. One day we will meet, and I will be honored to shake your hand.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Always good to go with the tire choice used by the tire guy. Great pictures and just wondering do you have those nik nacs like Cracker Barrel?
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
All I can say is "hell of a salesman to get people (well Californians) to drive two states to buy tares (for Bingo)".g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #10
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Lonnie, I would be happy to stop by and replace my missions. I'm afraid that the ones on the trailer won't make it that far. I just looked at mine,the right rear tread has abut a 3/4 inch high hernia on it in the middle of the tread. The tires have about 12,500 miles on them, including the delivery from the factory.
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Oh Man Grant, why did you have to post that picture of Lonnie. I opened it up and poof - blew my hard drive.
Naw just kidding, Lonnie if I was half way close to you or coming your way I would be spending some money with you. Have you considered a second store maybe in the Indiana area? Maybe I need to take a trip back out to the panhandle of Okla and visit some relatives - but that is going to have to wait till retirement years.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Lonnie
Would you consider buying a Toy Hauler and equipping it with your tools of the trade and traveling around to us that are to poor to travel to your abode? For the same price, of course!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Lonnie, to heck with the tires, I'm just too far unless we get out there someday. I like the belt and belt buckle!! Of course your advice has been great too! Tks. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Guys, it's well worth the drive.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote