Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ronnelly - that post was some time ago. We have now replaced both the DVD unit and the remote thermostat. Much better.
Happy trails...................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #22
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
We will try this immediately, not really because unfortunately it is 20 degrees here at whitney, tx....but we now know that we can try it and we will let you know how it works out, eventually........Les
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

The placement of the AC leaves us wondering. You freeze when you sit in the recliners and are warm when you get to the sink. Just too far back in the coach.
By any chance, is the "quick cool" vent on the A/C unit open? This will cause the situation you describe. When this vent is closed, ours works pretty well thoughout the coach (3670RL).
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #23
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
There are two things I need for my upgrade. The first is privacy doors and the second is a full tub shower. I think I will be waiting a long time.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #24
Bob C

M.O.C. #3010
We concur completely with the previous comments on the
WE concur completely on the Quest and AC/Furnace. It's cold in south Texas now. Trying to get the furnace to work properly without running all day would be great. Not having the green light blinking would be a good thing too. Bob C.

Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:47 AM   #25
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
For the record: I did not bring this up again. You will see my post as number 2, immediately under the opening of the topic.

Again, just for the record, we still have our 2002 2955RL. The primary reason we have not 'updated' with a newer model? The lack of the 'real doors' between the bedroom and the bath area.

We, too, may be waiting a long time. We will certainly look at other brands, but most manufacturers have made the same unfortunate [for us, that is] decision about the 'suite arrangement.'

Now, for the record, I'm outta' here!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
padredw,
To the best of my knowledge there are only three coaches (in a 5th wheel) out there that have a "real door" between the watercloset/shower area and the bedroom. 1). Carriage, model CW374 2). Royals International, model 37' Majestic 3). Kountry Aire, model 37RLPK The main problem with these coaches is cost and weight. They all have a GVWR of 21,000lbs or higher and a cost of $100,000 or higher. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #27
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
I have a 2004 Mountaineer travel trailer 325 FKBS and there are two sliding doors between the bedroom and the bathroom, as well as the bathroom door to the living room.
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #28
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I have a real sliding door between the bathroom and the bedroom on my 315 RLS TT. We love our 315!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #29
Montana_2296
Established Member

M.O.C. #2296
We have the 325fkbs, and looked at the new floor plan and were not inpressed. The look of the propane/battery compartment on the 326fkbs was neat. The missing front window and "bread box" in its place was strange. We also prefer to have an outside door in the bedroom and that was removed in the 326fkbs. Glad we got ours before the new plans were all we could get.
Montana_2296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 AM   #30
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
OK, I'm back in (for the moment at least) just to say to my friend, Montana Sky, that his report shows how great it was that the "old" Montana floor plans put them in good company! [and the new floor plans put them out again!]
Old 12-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #31
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

OK, I'm back in (for the moment at least) just to say to my friend, Montana Sky, that his report shows how great it was that the "old" Montana floor plans put them in good company! [and the new floor plans put them out again!]
The old floor plans were what led us to a Montana in the first place, I think our current '05 3670RL may have been the last one they made with privacy doors and a separate bathroom. We are glad we got it and would not have been happy campers if it arrived with the new floor plan.

Not that we are in the market for a new RV at the moment, but if we were, we would have to start at square one again to find something we liked. I really wish Keystone could offer a choice of old and new.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Those privacy doors are very important to us, too. They allow us to arise at different times and proceed with the morning routine, such as shaving, for me, without waking the other. Those doors are a great noise barrier. It's also important the vanity be on the bathroom side of the doors.

Tom, I agree with you about the tub. A hot bath is my personal solution to a cold, aches and pains from exertion, and a myriad of other ills. That's one thing I really miss as a fulltimer. The other evening when we went to one of our kids' home to babysit I took my book and took a nice, hot, relaxing, soothing bath!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #33
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve,
That is why when we were living in our previous 5er with only a 6 gal. W/H, we would have weekend excursions without the 5er so we could stay in a hotel. I always took a long hot bath and a long hot shower.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #34
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Steve,

I am glad someone else likes the idea. Years ago we had a trailer that had a full tub/shower.

On my last trip to Pa we did not take the Monty and stayed in excellent hotels. But with the exception of the bath the hotels could not compare against the Monty for comfort.

Maybe someday RV's will go to a "home style" bathroom. Then I will be ready to trade up.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #35
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Hey Keystone, keep the doors. I have them on my 2005 2955RL and it was a selling point with us for sure!
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:25 AM   #36
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lady RV

Jeff Rank from Keystone contacted me and asked me to post the following
information regarding the privacy curtain issue:

"Keystone is reading this thread and appreciates the feedback, both positive
and negative."

Yeah - reading and responding. How about responding to phone calls and emails of their customers? I would not mind a response to my phone calls, emails and my posts here relating to my LEAKY camper. How about addressing the rudeness of some of their customer service reps? Lets address that now.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #37
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
This privacy issue will also be a selling point when we trade. As I have said, the bathroom in one room is a nice option but do not want to give up closet space for the washer/dryer. There are some other brands that have a stack washer/dryer hook up in the enclosed bath without giving up space. The 5th wheel is no longer than the Monty 3400. If Montana offered this, I think lots of people would like this.
Dusty
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #38
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
It has been over a year since I last posted on this topic. I have not changed my views about the need for the "division" between the bedroom and bathroom.

I post now to say that we looked at a HitchHikerII on Saturday that had an ideal arrangement. That particular model was the 32.5 UKTG. The actual exterior length is 33' 10".

The price seemed very high, but when I checked that for some of the comparable Montana models--it didn't seem so high after all.

The same desirable bedroom-bathroom separation is also available in several other HitchHikerII LS models.

Just for your information.