Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2005, 06:04 AM   #1
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Privacy Doors in the new 2005 Models

Jeff Rank from Keystone contacted me and asked me to post the following
information regarding the privacy curtain issue:

"ALL models EXCEPT THE 3400 WITH a GARDEN TUB have a pleated, fabric curtain
that separates the bedroom and the bathroom. The 3400 with a Neo-Angle
Shower (smaller than the Garden Tub) allows room to install a pleated,
fabric curtain that separates the bedroom and the bathroom.

This change occurred in November. Some models at the dealerships may still
have the prior configuration.

Keystone is reading this thread and appreciates the feedback, both positive
and negative."

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lady RV

Jeff Rank from Keystone contacted me and asked me to post the following
information regarding the privacy curtain issue:

"ALL models EXCEPT THE 3400 WITH a GARDEN TUB have a pleated, fabric curtain
that separates the bedroom and the bathroom. The 3400 with a Neo-Angle
Shower (smaller than the Garden Tub) allows room to install a pleated,
fabric curtain that separates the bedroom and the bathroom.

This change occurred in November. Some models at the dealerships may still
have the prior configuration.

Keystone is reading this thread and appreciates the feedback, both positive
and negative."

We visited a Montana dealer last week and saw some models with the wooden doors and others with the privacy curain. In our opinion the fabric "privacy curtain" is a very poor substitute for the doors. This change will definitely affect our choice of RV brand when it comes time for us to trade. It has already convinced us to enjoy our 2955RL for some years more.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lady RV
If they are listening to us on the privacy door issue, please ask them to listen to us on the remote thermostat and Quest DVD unit. Both are lousy and are the only thing we don't like about our Montana.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
If this is true then why did the 2005-3400RL I saw at the southern NH dealer have no curtain/door whatsoever...somethings amiss here.

If Keystone was truly listening they would rethink this decision and bring back the doors.
Montana_2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:17 AM   #5
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PittsNhRv

If this is true then why did the 2005-3400RL I saw at the southern NH dealer have no curtain/door whatsoever...somethings amiss here.

If Keystone was truly listening they would rethink this decision and bring back the doors.
I would venture to guess it had the Garden Tub in it. That's the only configuration in the new Bedroom design that does not have a privacy curtain option.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:17 AM   #6
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
You are right Lady RV..it did have the garden tub.

Too bad because that is the model we wanted to buy.
We are now looking at other manufacturers and will probably end up spending a little more but at least we can get what we want.
Montana_2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:14 AM   #7
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
I totally agree with you, everyone should buy exactly what they want. Sending you all the best on your future purchase and upcoming adventures.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:56 AM   #8
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
Hi, just wanted to say that we removed our privacy door up in the bedroom as it gives you that few more inches to walk up the side of the bed. Never missed them as we just used the one in the hall. We now have our 2955'er for sale as we purchased a Mountaineer 3 slider and the doors will go back into the unit, but the pleated door, we thought was a good idea.

Jo and Rob Mooney
M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:21 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have the pleated sliding privacy curtians in ourTerry TT on the bedroom side and sliding wooden doors on the living area side and they are fine..the FULL door takes up too much space when opened ..I had thought that they removed the door and replaced it with NOTHING..So the removed the door issue is no big deal to us now. We will be touring the Montana Factory AGAIN this summer along with a tour of the Cardinal plant..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:04 AM   #10
Montana_3613

M.O.C. #3613
Love the doors(french on our 3500rl and the privacy curtain in bedroom is all that we need, overnite guests have their space at nite and we also have ours.
Montana_3613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #11
Land Bertram
Established Member

M.O.C. #2315
Today we took delivery of a 2005 3400RL with a Neo-Angle Shower and our coach does not have the pleated privacy curtain. Our dealer has ordered the parts from Montana. Our special order coach was just manufactured and delivered to the dealer on 4/15/05. I used the MOC PDI and am very happy to report that all went well. The only issues we had was one of the kitchen island drawers need adjusting and one of the bedroom dresser drawers needs minor adjusting. School is out on the digital thermostat. We bring our new pleasure home tomorrow.
Land Bertram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Rocky Barnhart and Land Bertram. I'm glad to hear things went well and you are happy with your purchase. Be sure to keep us informed of your adventures.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #13
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Just wanted to add to this topic that the privacy curtain or what ever it is, is very cheaply made but I would think it would be more suitable for the application if it was made from a dark fabric rather than white for light blocking for the sleeping area.
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #14
montanagal
Established Member

M.O.C. #3266
We purchased our 2005 3400RL on June 1st. Ours did not have the privacy door either, so when I saw the letter from Jeff Rank, I made a copy and gave it to our dealer.

They ordered it for us and on Tuesday (9/13/05) brought it to us for installation. Because we had a King size bed in the rig, there was no room for installation of the privacy door. The closet is too close to the shower and does not leave ample room to hang the door. The size of the bedroom (King vs Queen) was not mentioned in Jeff's letter anywhere and is very deceiving and dissapointing. We have guests staying with us from time to time and the only thing we can do now is hang a shower curtain. Very dissapointed that Keystone cannot come out with a better floor plan to make all customers happy.

Diana Dean
2500HD Silverado w/Allison Trans
3400RL
montanagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Diana
One of the members (I'm sorry I don't remember who but hopefully he will reply) who has the later 2005 3400 with King bed hung a privacy curtain himself. Maybe Keystone's doesn't work but another brand might. Don't give up. If he doesn't reply, I try to rack my brain to help you.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:37 PM   #16
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
The curtain works well in our situation, however, I'm with Parrothead on the thermostat and Quest system issue. I would love to get those sub-standard items replaced by our buddies at Keystone.
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #17
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We have the pleated curtain with our new 3670. Problem is the bathroom switch is in the bedroom. I don't know why they put it in the bedroom. You would have to open the curtain to turn it on. It's next to the overhead switch so if you make a mistake, everyone is up.
In the motorhome we just traded they had the remote AC/furnace. It was by Carrier and it worked terrific. So easy to use. This one is simply too complicated. The placement of the AC leaves us wondering. You freeze when you sit in the recliners and are warm when you get to the sink. Just too far back in the coach. Probably no where else to put it but they could have done something about evening the output.
Now if we could get rid of the clunk in the toilet foot pedal everything would be perfect. Still love this unit.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:50 AM   #18
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

The placement of the AC leaves us wondering. You freeze when you sit in the recliners and are warm when you get to the sink. Just too far back in the coach.
By any chance, is the "quick cool" vent on the A/C unit open? This will cause the situation you describe. When this vent is closed, ours works pretty well thoughout the coach (3670RL).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:28 AM   #19
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When I figure out what it is, I will look and see. Chuck closes the vents up on the unit and the blast stops. But nothing comes out of the round things.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #20
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
I agree about the Quest DVD unit. Also they could have put in a flat screen TV. I can't even play my VCD's on it. I can do it at home on my DVD player and my portable DVD player. I was very disappointed I could not show off my personal movies, it did work for JPEG pictures.

We have that accordian type curtain you can pull for privace for shower and sink. Hardley ever use it, don't like it, but am glad something is there in case we have company.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Lady RV
If they are listening to us on the privacy door issue, please ask them to listen to us on the remote thermostat and Quest DVD unit. Both are lousy and are the only thing we don't like about our Montana.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote