Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
welanagan

M.O.C. #5333
TV CABLE SATELLITE CONNECTIONS

My 3500RL has 3 connections for coax cable. Two are on one swich plate above another swich plate with one. Between the two plates is a sticker -CABLE/SATELLITE. When delivered there was a jumper between the top two. I now have the TV connected to a satellite dish uaing the bottom connector of the top two. This connects into the satellite reciever. The output of the satellite reciever connects to a two way splitter which goes to the front and rear TV. The rear TV will not operate unless the front is on. Why? How is the home theater connected into the TV? What should be connected to each of the three coax connectors? I hope there is an electronic wizzard on board that is able to answer these questions.

welanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Walt,
I remembered this posting. I hope it helps.
[quote]Originally posted by Charlie

Hey Grandpa-
Check out this link, I think that it will explain a lot about the wiring for the television system in your Montana. This is the way mine is in a 2005 3295Rk.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/1.../111212066.jpg

Charlie
2001 F-250 Lariat SC 4x2 LB 7.3L PSD
BD Power ECM 80 HP Performance Chip
BD Power X-Monitor LED Digital Gauges
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I had a lot of trouble with my TV(S) was mostly my fault experimenting,.. well found a VERIZON cable guy and he looked at my cables and put a meter on the lines did some adjustments and now it all works perfect!! all it cost was 1 hour and a 30 pack of "BUD"
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
pokypa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6164
I do not understand the tv cable setup either. I know the jumper cable is removed when you install the satelite receiver. What I don't understand is how you can have two signals on the same cable, like CABLE and ANTENNA. If you are watching cable and want to switch to antenna, I have to go into the bedroom and pushin on the power antenna button and then regular tv. How can I install a switch box so i can watch cable on one tv and antenna on the other tv. Seems like to me I need two sources of signals or two cables, one from outside and one from roof. Hope someone knows what I'm trying to say very poorly.
pokypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have been thinking about that and my only solution is to run more cables so each source goes to the switch box and then from the switch box to each TV. If I do this I will also have a termination cable for a tv on the outside table. The unit next door does that and I like it.
Good luck, tow safe and cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #6
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
I agree this should be in the suggestion for Keystone...bring all cable feeds to central location that has access to outside. Would allow many of these issues to be resolved by owners w/o difficulties in routing new cables. FYI here's my TV/CAT/SAT wiring diagram!
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:25 AM   #7
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
To have the 3 separate video inputs and to allow the selection of any input at a TV, you will need a video selector--CW has them and I use them for my set up. It is a push button operation.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote