Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
When Keystone Promises Please Keep The Promise!

I like to give every business the benefit of doubt. When I placed my call to Keystone today, Tony told me he would call me back with an answer by 5:00 p.m. So like I said I gave him the benefit of doubt. Well when 5:00 p.m. came and no phone call, I didnt take that to well. So tomarrow I will be on the phone again at 8:00...Keystone I am just asking for a cabinet door!!!! Just a cabinet door whether I pay for it or you pay for it....Just a cabinet door please!!!! HELPFUL TIP: DONT PROMISE CUSTOMERS A CALL BE TRUTHFUL WITH THEM AND IT WILL GO ALONG WAY

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Bob & Kathy,

I understand your frustration but sometimes things like this happen even when you have the best intentions of returning a phone call. I've had this happen to me at my job and sometimes I get home and realize I was supposed to call someone back and had forgotten. I'm not making excuses for Keystone, I'm just saying that sometimes things do happen even when you have good intentions.

Hopefully they'll get back to you tomorrow and all will be fine!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Mac, I was surpised when he said he would get back to me, so I confirmed it again with him and he said absolutley, so I was like ok. Maybe it would of just been better if he would of said we will get back to you soon. I know that people forget but I would think being he was writing everything down this to would of been on his "not forget to do list"
Old 05-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Bob,

I don't know why he told you that because you can't order a cabinet door (or anything else for that matter). You have to go through a dealer for that. I specifically asked that question while at the Service Center.
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Bob and Kathy,

I do understand the frustration, don't get me wrong, I think customer service in general these days has gotten awful. I was just trying to give Keystone the benefit of the doubt, of course it wasn't me waiting for the return call.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CmdrDewey

Bob,

I don't know why he told you that because you can't order a cabinet door (or anything else for that matter). You have to go through a dealer for that. I specifically asked that question while at the Service Center.
Thanks for the information. I didnt know. He just said he would see if I could get a new door...do they have to get an approval or something? He did ask me my address, I thought he was asking for that information to send a door out. I hope I sure can get some answers in the morning from Keystone reps.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
We had 2 day/night shades go bad while under warranty, called Keystone and they sent them right to my door at no cost. Didn't even talk to a dealer about them. Same thing happened when my antenna amplifier went bad. They must have rules that can be broken.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:51 AM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Pardon me while I set up my soapbox....

It is amazing how differently some customers are treated and how some situations are handled. This forum has proved that point over and over again. I simply cannot understand it.

I am just glad I have had so few problems.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I totally agree with you padredw! I just think that Keystone and dealers should be on the same page. It is like they blame one another or vise versa. I think the only thing that it will do is hurt the businesses of both. Noone wants a product that the company doesnt back.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Padre, don't forget that when you had the problem there was a totally different regime in Customer Service and they had the attitude of keeping costs to a minimum. When we were at the service center last year chatting with the service personnel they told me the old regime had so many complaints they got rid of them and customer service improved tremendously. All I can tell you is what they told me. I suspect if your situation came up now you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Campbud, I hope there's a good explanation for what's happening with your situation.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:54 AM   #11
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, Steve, I do take your explanation very seriously and do hope that all that is in the past. As far as my own experience is concerned that is certainly true, but it still concerns me that I continue to see the great disparity of responses which different posters on this forum have reported. Pardon me while I remove my soapbox....
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have ,over the last year for sure, pestered the heck out of the Montana Division. I am surprised that Mark Krol's hair has not turned snow white, When I was searching for the answer to " how much extra weight does the hi gloss gel coat add" I must have talked to 5 or six folks before I got the person that really knew. Even captured Jeff Rank for a little discussion on quality control while on a factory tour. In every case our interaction with the folks at Keystone/ Montana has been positive. Even when it involved things we did not want to hear. E-mails and phone calls always returned. The wide variation of treatment also has me puzzled???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Campbud,

I thought Keystone would step up to the plate on this one. I was so happy to read a moment ago that the had. Keep us posted on any future uninvited guests such as these in your camper.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote