Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Help with Search Engine

I am new to the thread and have been reading more than posting. Whe I have posted I have been advised to use the Search Engine on the thread. I have tried using the search function and am not having alot of luck getting it to find posts on the topics that I have asked questions about. Ex: I asked about Toilet paper and did a search on those two words and didn't get any hits. I searched on pets in your Fifth Wheel and got the same thing. Can you help me with any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Search in the "Entire Message" and extend the time out to 120 days or longer.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Yep, that will work...Good Luck....
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sometimes you have to try more than once, just because you don't know for sure how people phrased it. For 'toilet paper', if you don't find what you are looking for, try again with 'tp'. If you still have problems, post your question and mention you didn't find what you wanted using the search function and we'll try to answer your questions.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
don't forget to search the ARCHIVES, access from first page, look on the far right and find the little yellow boxes, click and continue from there.

all other suggestions here are good ones, specially opening up the search time!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Thanks for the information I will try your suggestions. I love the Yorkies, of course I love all animals as we own a dog and cat boarding kennel. Hopefully that won't be for to much longer as we are in the process of selling it and when we do I will be at the dealership looking for the 3400RL that I want. I will then be on the road with hubby when he is doing Hurricane losses.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks, good luck in your search, your sale and your Montana days to come!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #8
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Driftwoodgal - Another "trick" is make sure you are searching for any of the words in any order. Otherwise you will be limiting yourself to just the "exact phrase" in the "exact order". I usually search for a couple of key words, all forums, any order, 120 days, by any member. Then I have a big pool from which I can choose. You will soon figure out whose advice, opinions are good (or closely match yours)and whose may not be so good (at least for you).

The nice thing about this "family" is there's not a bunch of "know-it-alls" whose ideas are put forward by trying to put someone else's down as being "stupid".
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote