Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
How do you save information into folders?

Need tec help again. On the "announcement" thread sreigle said about saving the information into folders for future reference. I've learned so much on the forum that my brain won't hold it all . Can you just highlight a certain portion of the tread or do you have to save all the pages? Any help would be appreciated.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I am sure Steve will jump in here.

What I do is simply subscribe to the topic by clicking on "Subscribe to Topic" at the top right or bottom left of the thread.

Then you can click on "My subscriptions" at the top of the page and you will see your thread. This method has the advantage of not only saving your topic but when someone responds you will get an e-mail that the thread is active. Neat!

Another thing you can do is go to the thread and right click on it and then click on properties. You will see the url address of the thread. Copy and paste it in a word file.

I am sure Steve or someone has some better methods. I just use subscriptions.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Oh, another thing you can do is click on "printer friendly" When the window comes up you can save it as a webpage or asc in the folder of your choice.

I am sure there are other ways.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:59 PM   #4
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
I also save some of these web pages to folders on my computer. In Internet Explorer, use File/Save As, then make sure the "Save As Type" is "Web Page, Complete". Save it to whichever folder you want on your system. This will create a web page plus a folder with supporting information. (All the graphics will be in this folder if you want to save any of them elsewhere).

If you select Save As Type "Web Archive, Single File", it will save a file in .mht format. That will open only in Internet Explorer. It's file name will end with the extension ".mht".

Another little tricks for those interested and using internet explorer and outlook express.

1. If you save a web page as a web archive single file, with extension .mht, it's the same format as an outlook express email. So, you can just change the filename to replace the .mht with .eml. Example, save a webpage as "web archive, single file" from internet explorer. Use the name mywebpage. It will save a file named mywebpage.mht. Now, rename mywebpage.mht to mywebpage.eml. Now doubleclick mywebpage.eml and it will open as an email in outlook express. You can now forward, etc., this email.

2. Save an email from outlook express into a folder on your desktop (or anywhere on your pc). Do that from within outlook express using "file/save as" and selecting file type "Mail (*.eml)". Example, myemail.eml. Now go rename myemail.eml to myemail.mht. Doubleclick and it will open in internet explorer as a web page.

Or, instead of using file/save as in outlook express, just drag the email onto the desktop or a folder on your pc.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tbhd, I do as HOTR said. I save the whole thread. You could probably highlight and copy just part of it then paste it into a graphics application and save it from there as a jpg picture. Or ctrl-alt-prtscn and paste that into a graphics app and save as a picture. That gives you a shot of the active window.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:52 AM   #6
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Thanks everyone. One day I hope to be 1/10 as smart as this computer. Doubt it will ever happen though

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote