Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bad Dealers - Keystone Help?

In the 7 months I've been a member of MOC, I've heard a lot of stories about bad dealers and people having to go miles out of their way to get repairs. After reading Ken's problem with the dealer in Colton CA, I'm wondering if Keystone can do something to make these dealers more responsive to our problems. What has been others experience when you contact Keystone about a dealer.

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
My selling dealer falls into this topic.Very nice people and family owned.But as far as servive is concerned they had none.My Montana sat in their lot for 45 days having the bed room slide crack taken care of.10 miles out the dealers lot the crack reappeared.I did call Keystone and told them the story.Keystone told me they were never contacted on this repair.I told Keystone that I have washed my hands with this dealer.They gave me the number of the next closest Montana dealer-90 miles away.So thats who I have to deal with now.Kind of sad considering my selling dealer is only 3 miles away.Now my Montana is sitting on the new dealers lot for 78 days today.And counting.Spring has finally arrived and no Montana.Its at a fiber glass body shop hopefuly getting the crack fixed right.We shall see.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Bummer. So far we have had all our work done in Goshem on the way to or back from Tx. We are trying to stay as far away from our dealer as possible.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:31 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Of the 6 different Montana dealers we have had contact with the absolute worst of the bunch was the one in Syracuse, New York where we bought our Montana and the best was located in Ocala, Florida. The New York dealer is huge with somewhere around 12 to 15 locations in NY, PA, NH, NJ and so they pretty much do whatever they want no matter what the manufacturer has to say. The Ocala dealer has but one location and takes much better care of their customers. There was another in Port Richey that was better than any but for reasons I won't discuss here had the line taken away from them.
Quote:
quote:I'm wondering if Keystone can do something to make these dealers more responsive to our problems. What has been others experience when you contact Keystone about a dealer.
Montana's response has been that they have no control over how a dealer operates their business.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
Have heard the same thing about Meyers dealerships also and camping world. Will be nice to have a CW nearby. We are about thirteen miles from the Caledonia store and two miles from the new Churchville store on Rte 490. We just ordered a Mobile Suite, delivery in Mid April. Will miss Meyers service.
Charlie and Sue
Montana_2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #6
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bobby Inboden

Thunderman, did you purchase your unit at TEX-All?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes sir, sure did. We bought the 2955RL Feb. 2004.
How about you?
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #7
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
That is interesting aout the firings!!! Sure took a long time to clean house, but sure was in order, "My Hat is off to Mr. Collier"...Great move!!! Who knows, we may even try them again if necessary...

I sent them an e-mail over a year ago(one of several) that were never answered... giving my opinion about what the attitude of their people would do to their business long range...of course I'd bet the business is better then ever now because of the dynamics of what is happening in the RV business...When business is good you can get away with a lot of things you can't when business slows...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eric Roellig

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Butdoit
[...]
Here is the other side of the Collier dealer...I bought my first Montana 3575RL from Collier in 2002 and the nightmare started the next week...Everyone at Collier had a surley attitude from the start even for minor problems..[...]
In my case with the un-authorized entry situation, I had told Jon (service writer) that if I found another security related issue, I was going to write Mr. Collier about it. Before I could leave, Jon had gone and gotten Mr. Collier and told him about my concerns and gave me a chance to talk to him directly right then & there on the spot.

The other thing I can say is that about 3 months or so ago, Mr. Collier "Cleaned House" and fired a lot of people in service and parts. I do believe that he is concentrating on satisfied customers and is taking action to achieve that.

My direct observation.

Eric
Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
That is interesting aout the firings!!! Sure took a long time to clean house, but sure was in order, "My Hat is off to Mr. Collier"...Great move!!! Who knows, we may even try them again if necessary...

I sent them an e-mail over a year ago(one of several) that were never answered... giving my opinion about what the attitude of their people would do to their business long range...of course I'd bet the business is better then ever now because of the dynamics of what is happening in the RV business...When business is good you can get away with a lot of things you can't when business slows...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eric Roellig

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Butdoit
[...]
Here is the other side of the Collier dealer...I bought my first Montana 3575RL from Collier in 2002 and the nightmare started the next week...Everyone at Collier had a surley attitude from the start even for minor problems..[...]
In my case with the un-authorized entry situation, I had told Jon (service writer) that if I found another security related issue, I was going to write Mr. Collier about it. Before I could leave, Jon had gone and gotten Mr. Collier and told him about my concerns and gave me a chance to talk to him directly right then & there on the spot.

The other thing I can say is that about 3 months or so ago, Mr. Collier "Cleaned House" and fired a lot of people in service and parts. I do believe that he is concentrating on satisfied customers and is taking action to achieve that.

My direct observation.

Eric
Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #9
Montana_3267
Established Member

M.O.C. #3267
the dealer that we bought our unit from didn't have a service department so when we numerous problems we had to make several trips to the factory in indiana and still have to many problems to count good luck to any one out there trying to get things done right
Montana_3267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
lindajaxs92,
If you read very many of the threads on this forum you'll note that almost all of us have had various problems with our rigs. You'll note that most of us were able to get them corrected while still under warranty. You'll even find a goodly number of folks who were NOT under warranty and still got warranty coverage to fix the problem. Thank goodness there are relatively few folks who have had an ongoing problems that were not fixed under warranty. I'm so sorry you've had this problem. Hopefully Keystone will help you work through this situation. Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Lindajaxs92, I've also had excellent with experience with Keystone. As HamRad said, I hope this gets resolved for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #12
Montana_3598
Established Member

M.O.C. #3598
If you're ever in Michigan, running up US-131, American RV off 76th Street in Grand Rapids, MI has done an awesome job with service on our rig. Even had a problem with our previous unit we were trading in on the Monty and they were great about that - no BS and straight story. Everything resolved to our satisfaction. Just had the unit in for normal maintenance, and they found an issue they're contacting Keystone about on my behalf, even though it's not a big deal and out of warranty, they still think it's a factory issue.

Jeff & Sandy Harvey +
More birds then anyone should have..

2002 Montana 3575RL
2002 Ford F-250 CC/SB SD 7.3L PSD
Banks Stinger Plus w/Banks Brake
Firestone Ride-Rites
Draw-Tite 16k Slide Hitch
Fold-a-Cover, etc...
Montana_3598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #13
tennisdg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5058
i've had our monty 3400 in for it's first fix in a year since we got it we stopped in anthony texas to get it taken care of they were extremely helpfull and only took a couple of hours and we were back on the road
tennisdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #14
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
If I may, I am also a very satisfied customer with Collier RV in Rockford, Illinois. From the first time we walked on the lot in April of 05; to the last time I talked with Kristen my Service Rep, I have been nothing but completely satisfied with them. Before we left to come to Sunny Florida, one of our day/night shades gave up the ghost. I called Colliers and told Kristen of my problem. She ordered the shade and sent it to us UPS when it came in. No charge to us. We have found everyone in their organization very professional and knowledgable. We have never had a problem getting any work done in a timely manner, and the service techs are always willing and able to answer any questions we have. I have to say that one of the techs taught me how to use the remote controlled thermostat that everyone has had problems with. After about an hour of showing me how it worked, we have never had another problem with it. Any way that's besides the point.

We have no problems with Colliers and if and when we replace our current Monty, we will go back to Colliers. We strongly recommend them if you are ever in Northern Illinois.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #15
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We too have had good luck with Collier RV. We purchased our Montana with them. We never had any problems with the service department. I would recommend them to anyone.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #16
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
If you're ever in the Cedar Rapids, IA metro area and need anything, stop in at Ketelsen RV located off I-380 in Hiawatha, IA. (Hiawatha is connected to Cedar Rapids.) As a matter of fact, just stop in and say Hi to Gary Ketelsen, the owner. Tell him you wanted to see how a good dealer operates.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote