Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #41
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
That option was more designed for commercial use, since the 1-ton is only a few hundred $$ more than the 3/4 this allows companies to buy the one ton with 3/4 ton lic and insurance cost. That is the core reason for this option down grade. Unfortunately some consumers with 5ers do not look at the door sticker and then get stuck with one of these 10,000 GVWR 1-tons. It almost happened to me two months ago until I checked the door and then walked away. Unfortunately most consumers are not aware of this option so they do not think twice and just assume the GVWR is higher.

In fact the Ram 3500 I did buy was rated 500lbs lower then published GVWR simply due to the Options I had (aisen trans and 20" wheels weight more so takes away from the Payload). No one should buy a truck without looking at the A-pillar sticker weight ratings.

It's odd that they would weigh the tires and take that away from the truck payload. The tires sit on the road and the truck sits on the tires. so in reality the tires don't weigh anything just the truck sitting on them.

Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:55 PM   #42
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
I have said this before . You can get a F350 in both a 11,500 or a 10,000 payload. And a DRW does not come with a 10,000 payload. OP has a DRW just saying.

To a newbie RVing must suck.

When I bought my truck I didn't hit the RV site. It's a good thing I didn't. I got the right truck for my RV without the internet.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote