Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
First long trip

Just returned from our trip through 11 states,3 national Parks,3 national monuments, in 17 days. I won't be doing that again,sometimes driving 12 hours,whew! Had one tire delaminate and damage the Montana, and one attempted break in on the truck,the quality of thieves is sure lacking. I have a "Roll & Lock" cover on the bed,which was unlocked,they tried to force it open rather than unlatch it,have to replace the entire cover. Oh well they could have gotten in and stolen the 4 blocks of wood and the 16K hitch that was in there. Great trip but tiring,saw Glacier N.P.,Yellowstone,The Tetons,Petrfied Forest,Crazy Horse,and Mt. Rushmore and relatives in Denver. Unfortunately most of the parks we stayed at did not have WIFI, one had DSL that had a speed of 16K, which was too slow. I'm having Mike Thompson's do the repair,we'll see if he does the job.

Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, aside from the low points I'm sure you folks had a great trip. But it sure makes me tired, just reading about it. I'm glad you got to see all those great places, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Sorry to hear you had some bad experiences on your long trip. Sounds like you had some very enjoyable moments too!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:25 AM   #4
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Bill, Glad your trip was a success, other than those two incidents. Be sure to contact the tire company regarding that tire - if you saved it and they can determine manufacturing defect as the cause of the malfunction, they might just cover the damages to the trailer.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Bill, I very happy that you made it home safely and the Monanta will surely be repaired.
Wendell
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Thank you all for your comments,yes we had a wonderful trip and as always their is alearning experience in it. Fifth wheels are designed to go to a destination and stay there for awhile,where motorhomes are more designed to pick up and go after a day or so. i like the former and will design my future trips accordingly. You would think after 3 of these a 67 year old man would know by now. Oh well life goes on. One neat thing is my niece in Denver gave Carol a 24" 9.5 pound zuccini that she just stuffed with italian stuff,boy was that good. Looking forward to Reno to meet members.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote