Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2003, 09:46 AM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Glue?? on Carpet

Took delivery on our new 2003 Montana on Friday and set it up for the summer on Smith Lake in AL. We are happy to say so far we have only found one problem we are unsure of how to correct.
When walking around barefoot on the carpet the first night we discovered several sticky spots on the carpet, ranging in size from a dime to a little larger than a silver dollar. It almost looks like some kind of glue that may have been dropped during manufacturing and installing something in the interior. Some close to vents, under table, in front of w/d closet, etc. All seem to be of the same content and consistency. I did not want to try to clean it up on my own and perhaps discolor the carpet (taupe) so I have called our dealer. Unfortunately the dealer is 300 miles from where we have the Montana set up for the summer. He has stated they use a product called SD 20 and he will be happy to give me some of this product to try to remove the spots. We really do not want to hook up and tow the 5er back to the dealers - 300 miles away - until September if we can solve our own problems with their help.

My questions are:
1) Has anyone else had this type of problem on delivery with soiled carpet?

2) What safe product are you using to clean spots from your carpet?

3) Is anyone familiar or have you used SD 20?

Thanks for your help...

Tom & Joyce Holroyd
Fayetteville, GA
2003 Montana 3295RK
Ford Lariat 350 CC 4x4 6.0 Diesel

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote