Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
San Diego

We're in San Diego county staying at the Chula Vista RV resort. A great place by the water, a marina, and restaurants. Unfortunately the restaurants are still closed, but it is a real nice place to stay at. Just staying from May 14 until the 19th.

432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
We're in San Diego county staying at the Chula Vista RV resort. A great place by the water, a marina, and restaurants. Unfortunately the restaurants are still closed, but it is a real nice place to stay at. Just staying from May 14 until the 19th.
Been there too, tight depending size of rig. Close to the naval base.
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
That is a very nice place to stay. Mission bay has a nice camp ground also. Have fun...

Charlie
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
Been there too, tight depending size of rig. Close to the naval base.
Every where i9n San Diego is close to the Naval base LOL It's across the bay on Coronado Island. It's the sound of freedom.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
We had a nice flyover the other day by the Air Force Thunderbirds. Here is a rendering, and a brochure of the new Chula Vista RV resort, which will opening this coming February. It looks like it will be very nice, with extra big spaces, nice pools and other amenities. It will be located literally a 1/4 mile north of the current pad. We took a walk to check it out and they are currently building it. Sorry the photos are sideways. Unknown why some post correctly and other don't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1686.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	6319   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1690.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	6320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1689.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	6321  
Old 05-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
<snip>.....Sorry the photos are sideways. Unknown why some post correctly and other don't....
</snip>
The reason for this behavior was provided earlier by the software support folks. It is:

Most phones auto rotate the view for the viewer. If you take a pic in landscape orientation the pic will display properly regardless of the way you turn the device. The forum can't do that. Most phones default camera orientation is portrait - folks shoot a pic in the Portrait view and it always looks fine to them - they upload the pic here and it displays in it's default view (on it's side).

The solution for most folks to fix this is to open the image holding the phone in portrait orientation, and resave the image on their device. When they upload it here - it should behave correctly.

As stated, I have found that if I take a pic in Landscape mode, it uploads correctly. If you take the pic in Portrait mode, it uploads rotated. I use a Samsung phone. Your mileage may vary.

I normally upload the phone picture to my PC. Not only to save it in an album, but ensude the rotation is correct for the MOC.

It seems that most of the photo display tools on the PC will attempt to correct a rotated orientation. I use Window Explorer, the View set to big icons, to find pictures. W.E. displays the rotation as it will appear when uploaded to the MOC. But clicking on the pic, depending on the program associated with the JPG. usually rotates it to the proper orientation. Don't ask me why.

Here is a screen shot of a W.E. view of some pics. The second pic from the right (20160719.163810) was taken in Portrait mode but W.E. previews it as Landscape.It does appear correctly when I open it with my default picture viewer. I have to "Rotate" the JPG using a picture editor to change the orientation before uploading to the MOC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - Windows Explorer Pic Displays.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	6326

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
The reason for this behavior was provided earlier by the software support folks. It is:

Most phones auto rotate the view for the viewer. If you take a pic in landscape orientation the pic will display properly regardless of the way you turn the device. The forum can't do that. Most phones default camera orientation is portrait - folks shoot a pic in the Portrait view and it always looks fine to them - they upload the pic here and it displays in it's default view (on it's side).

The solution for most folks to fix this is to open the image holding the phone in portrait orientation, and resave the image on their device. When they upload it here - it should behave correctly.

As stated, I have found that if I take a pic in Landscape mode, it uploads correctly. If you take the pic in Portrait mode, it uploads rotated. I use a Samsung phone. Your mileage may vary.

I normally upload the phone picture to my PC. Not only to save it in an album, but ensude the rotation is correct for the MOC.

It seems that most of the photo display tools on the PC will attempt to correct a rotated orientation. I use Window Explorer, the View set to big icons, to find pictures. W.E. displays the rotation as it will appear when uploaded to the MOC. But clicking on the pic, depending on the program associated with the JPG. usually rotates it to the proper orientation. Don't ask me why.

Here is a screen shot of a W.E. view of some pics. The second pic from the right (20160719.163810) was taken in Portrait mode but W.E. previews it as Landscape.It does appear correctly when I open it with my default picture viewer. I have to "Rotate" the JPG using a picture editor to change the orientation before uploading to the MOC.

Attachment 6326
I also learned that on the i-phone (Live) setting that it wants to turn the photo sideways when uploading to the forum. Turning that off seems to help.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
Old 06-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #8
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Going back down to San Diego/Chula Vista on June 15th, and we will be there until the 21st. Look us up (Robert & Anika Bartley)
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla