Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
epicpow

M.O.C. #26910
Nomad Internet & the Winegard Gateway Router

I am curious if anyone is using this combo and if so how it's working for you? The WIFI connection in the campground that we are currently stationary at has a very intermittent signal. I ordered the Nomad Internet "Very Blue Plan" with the sim card only and am hoping to install it into our Winegard Gateway Router. I have heard good things about Nomad but I am curious if anyone here is specifically using it through their Gateway?

Thanks!

epicpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
If the router is anything like the connect 2.0 I wish you luck.
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #3
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
We don't have the Winegard. It probably has a weak antenna anyway. However, we have used Nomad Internet. On our last long trip we used the "Blue" plan. I bought the Netgear Nighthawk and just used their sim. Worked flawlessly. Also bought the $40 Netgear MiMo antenna that can plug into the Nighthawk. Streamed all our TV shows, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc using a Roku. Great service. Best you can get that is truly unlimited and unthrottled.
Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66Rambler View Post
We don't have the Winegard. It probably has a weak antenna anyway. However, we have used Nomad Internet. On our last long trip we used the "Blue" plan. I bought the Netgear Nighthawk and just used their sim. Worked flawlessly. Also bought the $40 Netgear MiMo antenna that can plug into the Nighthawk. Streamed all our TV shows, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc using a Roku. Great service. Best you can get that is truly unlimited and unthrottled.
Yeah that’s the way we’re leaning too. There is a bunch of options on the secondary market. And your router is a good one !!
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote