Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #21
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
I bought the Anderson leveling jack blocks and my rig is solid with no movement. They are pricey. I think I paid $250.00 for the 6. They have powerful magnets that make attaching them to the bottom of your jacks a breeze. They also keep dirt and crap from getting on your jacks, which could get on the shaft and cause a seal leak. Just a suggestion.
Do you ever run out of stroke the opposite way, on less than level sites?

I had blocks on my prior 5th wheel that were far shorter than this, and on a sloping site I would run out of room on the back but the front was all the way up... so I'd have to hookup again, take some blocks out of the front then try again.
Now, I had only the 4 point electric on that rig, not the same as the 6 point hydraulic of the Montanas.

But still curious if that can be an issue...
Thanks!

Brad

kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:00 AM   #22
Darrel
Established Member

M.O.C. #26815
I appreciate all the great feedback! I’ll post back when I decide what approach to take. I think the overhang in the back is the problem. An additional stabilizer back there makes since. It would also seem to make sense that using the jack blocks would help by reducing the amount of extension needed fir the leveling legs.
Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote