Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > Camping Clubs within MOC
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
MOC chapters

Just a thought, has anyone thought about starting chapters within the MOC? I for one would like to have a local chapter so we could meet and discuss whatever. We could have either state or zone chapters, I'm just fishing!

Steve&Patti 2004 model 3280
2002 Duramax 4x4 crew cab

Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Is anyone setting up a MOC Chapter in their area yet?

Anyone just THINKING about setting one up yet?

I've been kinda knocking around the idea of getting one going out here in California.

Would we be "MOC/Region 1" if we were the first Regional group to organize?

We also then need a chapter name as each Region would probably encompass several states and have chapters in each state with some states having more than one chapter?

Chapter names?: Left Coast Cruisers? Western Wanderers? California Dreamers? Gold Country Nuggets? Sierra Ramblers?

Hmmmmmmm.......

Regions and chapters could have their own official meets and rallies. Or instead of getting too serious into it, they could just have some fun relaxing campouts where the biggest thought is what to bring to a potluck?

Is it worth the trouble? Is anyone interested?

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:21 AM   #3
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
I wonder if this has been discussed by MOC Administration or brought up at the recent rally? I'm thinking the Regions could be initially defined by time zones, then those Regions into Districts consisting of States or member population, geographic location, etc., then on down to local chapters.

I'm sure someome out there has other thoughts on the subject, so let's hear them, please!
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I forgot to add in my other post that the Newmar Recreational Vehicle site has a fabulous club for members. We could learn alot by how they do things. All their Regional Clubs have all sorts of activities, get-togethers and rallys. They have their event calendar online and *oh my* is it loaded! Take a look and see:

http://newmarkountryklub.com/

Plus it shows how they divided up into regions and chapters. I've gone thru their whole site and it is nicely organized.

I think to start a MOC Regional Chapter all you need to do is to let the MOC Admin know and then post an announcement here that you are starting up a Chapter in your area. Viola!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We discussed regional rallies/get togethers a bit at the rally, informally. Hopefully we will be able to schedule something for the NorthEast sometime early next year, once the RV season starts up again. At this point, we were thinking of the NorthEast region, from Maine to NY/NJ/PA and including our neighbors from the eastern end of Canada.

The biggest question is how to divide up the regions. I personally think we should go with the standard NorthEast, Mid-Atlantic, SouthEast, Mid-West etc breakup (each encompassing 4-5 states), at least until we have more interest in regional get togethers.

I know the Holiday Rambler club has many regions, broken down into regions within each state. I think that is too granular and the smallest a region should be is statewide.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:15 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I would also suggest regions with about 4 or 5 states at the most. Keep brainstorming and keep posting. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
I think the regional groups should be based on regions and not on number of states otherwise tiny states like Rhoide Island and Connecticut would represent half a region! North East would include probably Maine, NH,VT,NY, MA, RI, CT and maybe NJ as well as The Canadian provinces west to Ontario. I would imagine that everyone in the area could get to a regional rally within a day or so.

Out west where the states are much bigger maybe it would make more sense to have fewer.

Just my 2 cents.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
What do we have to do to start a chapter? I am from Florida and so far from what I have noticed on this forum there are sevral posters from here. What would it take for us to start a chapter here in Florida? We can start with one that covers the state and as we get more members local to one another and particular areas they can split and form there own chapter. We can try to get together every couple of months to meet and do something(who knows what that might be right now) that would be offical. We could host relaxing campouts or regional rallies/events or take part in events as a group (state fair, Red Belly Days, Strawberry Festival, etc). Most of our chapter business can be conducted right here online. I belong to Southern Cruisers Motorcycle Club and we never meet. All rides and events are conducted and scheduled online. There is no reason we could not do the same thing. The thing that would be great is we would have the chance to meet new people with similar interests and just maybe have the chance to learn something new and interesting from someone we meet.

So what do we have to do? What about you Florida people would anyone be interested?

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

Is anyone setting up a MOC Chapter in their area yet?

Anyone just THINKING about setting one up yet?

I've been kinda knocking around the idea of getting one going out here in California.

Would we be "MOC/Region 1" if we were the first Regional group to organize?

We also then need a chapter name as each Region would probably encompass several states and have chapters in each state with some states having more than one chapter?

Chapter names?: Left Coast Cruisers? Western Wanderers? California Dreamers? Gold Country Nuggets? Sierra Ramblers?

Hmmmmmmm.......

Regions and chapters could have their own official meets and rallies. Or instead of getting too serious into it, they could just have some fun relaxing campouts where the biggest thought is what to bring to a potluck?

Is it worth the trouble? Is anyone interested?

Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff Heiser

What do we have to do to start a chapter? I am from Florida and so far from what I have noticed on this forum there are sevral posters from here. What would it take for us to start a chapter here in Florida? We can start with one that covers the state and as we get more members local to one another and particular areas they can split and form there own chapter. We can try to get together every couple of months to meet and do something(who knows what that might be right now) that would be offical. We could host relaxing campouts or regional rallies/events or take part in events as a group (state fair, Red Belly Days, Strawberry Festival, etc). Most of our chapter business can be conducted right here online. I belong to Southern Cruisers Motorcycle Club and we never meet. All rides and events are conducted and scheduled online. There is no reason we could not do the same thing. The thing that would be great is we would have the chance to meet new people with similar interests and just maybe have the chance to learn something new and interesting from someone we meet.

So what do we have to do? What about you Florida people would anyone be interested?

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Hi Jeff, I know of a good starter get together. The RV Show at Tampa in January. Last year a number of the MOC members got together at the Montana booth for a short face to face and a picture. Maybe this year we could expand the RV Show get together into a campground for a few nights.

We are currently at Roberts RV Resort near St Pete.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:16 PM   #10
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Searchers

I wonder if this has been discussed by MOC Administration or brought up at the recent rally? I'm thinking the Regions could be initially defined by time zones, then those Regions into Districts consisting of States or member population, geographic location, etc., then on down to local chapters.

I'm sure someome out there has other thoughts on the subject, so let's hear them, please!
Hopefully one of the Admins will speak up if I mispeak. I believe chapters are encouraged by the Admins. Unfortunately, the Admins have neither the time nor the wherewithall to organize the chapters. That will need to be handled by those belonging to the chapters. I believe I read where an area will be provided within MOC for each chapter to post specific to their chapter. As with all other areas within MOC, all posts will be subject to the MOC mission and guidelines. Admins and moderators will remove or caution inappropriate posts. If this does not answer your questions, let us know.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #11
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
It is the Policy of the MOC to encourage the formation of Chapters. We would further provide a special Chapter Thread on the Forum. When you get your Chapter going let us know and we'll set up a special place for you to conduct your Chapter Happenings on the MOC. Other than that MOC will leave Chapter business to Chapters. An underlying tenet is that if a Chapter organizes a "Get Together" then ANY member of MOC is automatically welcomed and invited to attend.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:55 AM   #12
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine
Hi Jeff, I know of a good starter get together. The RV Show at Tampa in January. Last year a number of the MOC members got together at the Montana booth for a short face to face and a picture. Maybe this year we could expand the RV Show get together into a campground for a few nights.

We are currently at Roberts RV Resort near St Pete.
Well all you Florida and Georgia campers and of course all the rest of you, what do you say we try to set something setup for the RV Show in January. I think a campout would be great. There are a few good campgrounds in the area. Some are real close others are about 10 to 15 miles (Encore Park, Lazy Days, Sunshine Campground and a few others.) I will take the action to find out what's available, how much and what facilities they will let us use. What I need to know is how many plan to attend if we do this. I think maybe by the end of Oct, first week in Nov. would be good to know if you plan to attend so we can get things set up. If anyone wants to jump in please do. I think a potluck dinner Saturday night, pictures at the Montana booth and whatever else anyone comes up with would be great. So here we have it, lets make it work and maybe we will come up with a MOC Chapter in Florida. If you wnant to contact me I can be emailed at jheiser@speakeasy.net .
Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
RV Show information....
Florida RV SuperShow, Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, Florida
Public Days - January 12-16, 2005

Here's a link...... http://www.frvta.org/supershow/index.shtml
Old 10-14-2004, 12:05 AM   #14
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
I'm presently trying to get a state MOC chapter started here in Virginia known as "Montana's Of Virginia" ( MOV )and have posted same, but, as of today no replies.
If this doesn't work out here, perhpas we'll just come to Florida in Jan. for theirs.
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:57 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by On The Road Again

I'm presently trying to get a state MOC chapter started here in Virginia known as "Montana's Of Virginia" ( MOV )and have posted same, but, as of today no replies.
If this doesn't work out here, perhpas we'll just come to Florida in Jan. for theirs.
Marshall & Rosemary,
I think I can speak for all us Floridians and say you would be more than welcome at any Florida rally as I am sure we would all be welcome at yours.

Unless there is another post I missed, your "Local Virginia Rally" posts has, as of 8AM today, at least 13 reply's with a number of them in favor of such a rally.

Here's a link to that post--
http://www.forumco.com/montanaadmini...?TOPIC_ID=6424
Old 10-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #16
Montana_993
Established Member

M.O.C. #993
Hey Fred G - Keep us in mind when starting things up in the NorthEast - sounds like a good winter project while our 5er's are in storage and we are sitting at home in our stick house waiting for the spring thaw. Whatever we can do to help get something organized we are here to help.

Take care -
Montana_993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #17
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Absolutely! We've been busy since the rally and Jen flies out tomorrow to meet her ship. Hopefully things will settle down in the next couple of weeks. Jen should also be able to get online from work since her ship is in drydock in Tampa for the next 25 days or so, so you may hear from her. She really wants to get involved in setting something up for the NorthEast and she has more time than I do.

Take care
Fred

FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #18
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Glenn I'm not sure how far Tampa is from Frostproof. do you know. Faye & I will be in Frostproof from mid Dec. To mid March.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #19
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by faeb and genb

Glenn I'm not sure how far Tampa is from Frostproof. do you know. Faye & I will be in Frostproof from mid Dec. To mid March.
Gene
About 60 miles.
Rte 27 North to Rte 60 West
60 West to I-75
I-75 north to I-4
I-4 west to Fairgrounds

I think it's time to get Lady RV to set up a Florida Rally Forum.
I'll email her tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:15 AM   #20
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by faeb and genb

Gene
Gene,
Frostproof is about 1.5 hours or so from the State Fair grounds in Tampa. It's an easy ride and if you hit traffic it's probably no more than 2 hours max. I use to live in Brandon Florida and taking the back roads I could make Frostproof to fish in about an hour but that was 10 years 18 years ago. There are a whole lot more and better roads today.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida