Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
replacement hide-a-bed mattress information

We just ordered a new queen hide-a-bed mattress for our new Montana. The mattress that came with, was a joke.
After much searching, we were able to order over the phone from a company that bought Simmons hide-a-bed division. They are Caye Upholstry in Mississippi. They want exact measurements that you want, and of course you need to specify you want a coil mattress. The price was very reasonable , as was the shipping. We ordered a 60 x 70 inch coil mattress (for hide=a-bed) and it cost $77.00 for the mattress and 20 bucks for shipping to Nevada. They wanted a check up front, and were very nice during the whole transaction. Received it today, Feb 22, and we had mailed our check off on Feb 11, so it was even timely.

Their phone number is: (800) 388-5448

Hope this information is useful to somebody.

FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:43 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Well how does it feel? I'm looking to have a custom made mattress when I replace the jacknife with a platform that will be turned into a bed/daybed type sofa. So I will be needing a custom made mattress.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Two questions:
1) Does it fold up into the couch? When we added a mattress pad we were unable to fold it up into the couch.
2) How comfortable is it? That price is very tempting. Thanks.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
fla native,

Sounds like you are talking about a futon! HA HA! WE LOVE OURS!! Sleeps like a dream, sits like a dream, takes up a lot less floor space than the sofabed. Have not regretted the change to the futon for ONE MOMENT! Futons are NO longer just for hippies and are no longer lumpy or bumpy! Repeating: WE LOVE OURS!!

Cheers, Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:54 AM   #5
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
It is a regular hide a bed mattress, so it does fold up into the bed just fine. We had taken a mattress out of an old hide a bed that we bought in 1987(coil) and tried it out first. It was a coil mattress and it was a Simmons,but the size was wrong... so that started out search. Then we found a Simmons hide a bed at Costco, and it had a coil mattress in it, and we went from there with searches on the internet, to find who made the Simmons mattresses.
We have added two pieces of thin masonite under the mattress and over the infamous bar that gets you in the middle of your back. They have to be turned before closing up the bed, but it is more comfortable
Old 02-23-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
It is a standard queen size Hide A Bed mattress with springs we purchase at the local mattress store.No problem with folding huge improvement the OEM mattress to the garbage can.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Thanks for the information. We have been doing this same search. We did not realize that we have a solution just one state away in Mississippi. I too wonder how it would fold up with springs, but will trust you guys expertise.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
It is only 4" thick, and folds just fine. We got it all settled in yesterday, and it is REALLY comfortable, and is currently all folded away . It is a "Simmons Maxipedic Hide A Bed mattress.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:29 AM   #9
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
FireTruckerWife

Do you know where is Mississippi? We will be going there next month and if it is in the Biloxi area we could pick up one.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #10
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629

The mailing address is New Albany, Mississippi
Old 02-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #11
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Thanks!!! Looks pretty far out of the way but maybe I can talk Dennis into swinging over there before heading for Biliox. Be cheaper to have it shipped thought with the price of diesel .
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #12
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Carol,

I have thought about a futon. You are right they are much improved from the "days". I'm trying to go for something that will serve as bed and sofa without having to move it out. Something that uses the same floor space as a bed or sofa. But maybe I'll revisit a futon showroom to see what's out there.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #13
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
fla native

I have slept on mine in the "couch" position. It is much better to pull it into the "bed" position, but if you are sick enough, tired enough, or lazy enough, the "couch" position will work. Seeing that it is in the slide, if you are really sick and cannot sleep laying down, it works real well in the "couch/cough" position, by sitting up and using the slide wall to hold ya up, you are propped up from a couple of sides!

Good luck in finding your solution.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote