Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Broken Water Filter Bracket(update)

I was just in the basement adding soft hose loops to my water pump to silence it a bit when I discovered that the water filter was hanging by the hoses and fittings. We have a 08 Big Sky and it came standard on the rig. The bracket is plastic and was bolted to the side of a floor frame member. The bolts held just fine but the bracket broke off around the bolts. I am going out now to hunt up a replacement bracket of some 3 inch aluminum angle that I can whittle into a replacement bracket. Will let you know what fix I come up with..(update) No such thing as replacement bracket, sooooo, I got a strip of 3 inch aluminum angle and manufactured a replacement complete with the hole for the vent button on top of the filter. Glad I got the Dremel tool last Christmas. Actually when it was originally installed it was a bit too high for the plumbing and put a hard strain on the piping below it and fittings. The replacement that John Kohl and I made puts the filter low enough to take the strain off the plumbing. I also got the pump quieted down substantially... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Its a good thing you guys have some time off to fix things and think about how ;;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Dave Let me know how you like the preformance of the new flexable hoses th help quiet the hammering noise
Thanks. Don
Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The new soft hoses make the pump a lot quieter, not silent but a lot less hammering, I also got some 1/2 inch thick shop matting and cut a piece for under the pump. That also helps, between the two changes I made I probably cut the pump noise down by 70%... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote