Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
corncob
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8226
Michagan Dealers

Has anyone done a Montana purchase from LLoyd Bridges Traveland in Michagan? Good or bad experience?
Thanks for the feedback.

corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I've had no personal experience with them but I remember reading some rants against them on other boards before we bought our trailer that were bad enough to make me steer clear of them. You might try Googleing them and see what kind of response you find.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
nowinter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9521
We bought our Montana 3400 RL from them a year ago. The salesman was not very knowledgable regarding 5th wheel trailers because he previously sold only motorhomes. He had to get help from others to answer my questions. When I informed him what our offer was, he and the owner argued very loudly which we overheard. Not very professional. When we took our trailer back for service, towards the end of the season, we were very disappointed that they had not ordered any of the parts we agreed to during our purchase. To make a long story short, our trailer sat there for five weeks during which time it was broken in to. They never informed us that our trailer was broken in to until I picked it up and my keys would not work in the lock. Very upset. Our LCD TV was taken and to gain entry they broke the entry lock and window. The dealer replaced the lock and TV. But the dealer failed to notice that our bedspread was taken and our window above the desk was damaged. So I took our trailer home and had to go back again when our new window and bedspread came in. The dealer (owner) had no apologies and actually appeared irritated about the second damaged window and bedspread. Their service manager is great but I was not impressed with the salesman or the owner. We looked at other dealers but we got the best price from Lloyd Bridges and that was the only reason we bought from them. When we left with our new 5th wheel trailer, they never mentioned about torquing the lug nuts on the trailer. This forum has helped me much more than the dealer.
nowinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Short and sweet

We will NOT purchase from them again. They are not contacted if we need service. If we do, we go to Fox RV, Middlebury, Indiana.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
It's a sorry situation that dealers who decide they are only interested in selling units and not repairing. With the economy the way it is you'd think they'd all be clamoring for business. They ought to have someone outside twirling a sign like you see the Little Caeser's Pizza people do. They caught my attention and I'm sure they get people in who wouldn't otherwise come.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Orv,

We purchased our unit in June of 2003, sadly, this is NOTHING new there.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Try American Rv in Grand Rapids, we would of bought from them again only we are doing the Motor home thing.
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Try Hillside Rv in Escanaba ,MI in upper MI They beat American RV by a lot ,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Its Hilltop RV ..sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
We bought from Kitsmiller in Mason MI (near Lansing). They are family owned and operated and have always treated us well. Sometimes you "best deal" isn't, if you know what I mean.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 AM   #11
nowinter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9521
I received our best price from Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. Check with Bob Woodard at Lakeshore at 231-788-2040. They sell lots of Montanas and have a very good inventory. We were just there buying some parts. Lloyd Bridges was closer to home and at the time was concerned about service so we purchased from Lloyd Bridges. Probably would not go back to LB to purchase.
Steve
nowinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #12
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
As Tom said we purchased our 2007 3400RL from Kitsmiller RV. Great people to work with and very friendly. Did what they said they would do and was happy. Should have went back there for the 2nd buy. I went to Lakeshore RV in Muskegon because it was said on here they were great to deal with and tried to do a deal and the salesman didn't want to even give me the time of day. I know I know, heres this guy (me) in a pair of jeans and a teeshirt as he looks at me. I ask him about a few things and he said well the price is this, plain and simple. After a few more questions I told my wife its time to go, hes not interested in us or a sale. Thats when we went other places and bought a different brand fiver. I'll be da**ned if someone is going to look down on me as a guy that cant afford crap. Thats the feeling I got from Lakeshore RV.

It was a loss for Montana and Keystone as far as I am concerned. I am perfectly happy with SOB. Also found there isn't very much room for negotiating with the Montana's. The price isn't very flexible. One of the reasons I never went back to Kitsmillers. In this time, I find that very hard to believe. But it was my take on it.

Dave & Linda
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #13
corncob
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8226
I will answer my own question, and correct the spelling error, Michigan vs Michagan. Finger vs brain issue.
We just traded our 2008 Montana for a 2011 Montana at the Lloyd Bridges Traveland Dealership in Chelsea, MI. As all the discussions and transaction was executed long distance, it was handled very well By Matt Olds the sales person. He is the internet guy. When we picked up the unit this week, they had done a very through checkout which made me happy. To date we have one item on the punch list, grill for the frig.
The dealership has a desire to work the price with someone who had a desire to buy. The tradein allowance, e.g. price difference was very much agreeable to us. Saved a bunch vs buying at other dealerships. I would certainly work with them on my next purchase.
corncob is offline   Reply With Quote