Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
rmtodd

M.O.C. #8754
Ref. drain hose

I have a Montana 3400RL 5th wheel, with a Dometic RM2862 Ref. The drain hose has completely disintegrated. The repair company says in order to replace hose,we will have to slide ref. out. Is there a better way? Appreciate any info. Thank you R.M. Todd

rmtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
There are a few posts in this site that talk about replacing the hose. Some with pictures. That said, I replaced my hose with clear flexible tubing from the hardware store.
You may be able to pull the hose out by removing (pull and twist) the drain funnel inside the fridge. I did it this way and if I was to do it again, I would try tying a light string to the old hose to help pull the new hose down. I can't remember the inside diameter of the hose I bought but you should try to get flexible hose with as thin a material as you can to get it replaced. I did warm the hose end in real hot water to get it to fit back on the drain funnel.
Not a bad job at all.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
For anyone with a hose that is still in good shape I would suggest covering the last couple of inches that sticks out with electrical tape with protects it form the sun and stops further disintregation. I would suggest white electrical tape.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
harrykapp
Established Member

M.O.C. #7657
I found the upper section to be in good shape so I cut off a piece of the old hose took it to Lowes and found a hose that fits over the old hose. I then cut the old hose as far up as I could reach then slipped the new hose over the old one about 8" and took a upper piece of the old hose that was good cut a 3" piece off and put the end in it then slipped it into the end that sticks out it works great and took about 15 min.'s
harrykapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
I can't believe a trip to Lowes and you only spent 15 minutes. g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Try this thread.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
When we had to replace our refrigerator in 2004, I mentioned to the service technician at Jerry's RV Service in Bend, Oregon that there wasn't a drain tube. He said it didn't need one. Believe he was right since we haven't had a problem. Our refrigerator does have a short drain tube that empties into a small reservoir but there is hardly ever any moisture in it when I look at it. Don't know why it doesn't need a drain tube.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote