Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Joan E Farrell

M.O.C. #10271
Air Conditioner

AIR CONDITIONER: After taking my 335 out of storage, my compressor doesn't kick on right off. It can take multi restarts to get it on. When it comes on, blows cool but not cold air. I am wondering where to start. How do I find & check the 115v fuse? Is there a kit to check for freon leak & diagnose?
It ticks me off that I had an annual done the day before I headed out; now I'm 1500 miles away & cannot get RV World of Nokomis FL to make good on their lousy service.
Even worse, RV World of Nokomis left me with a spare that had a hugh tear between the first 2 rows of tread--they never checked it! I had a blowout near Raymondsville TX & couldn't use my spare, just 2 days after getting my rig out of RV World of Nokomis FL. (This is the second time they done me wrong. Tell you about that one later). Worst yet, the same position tire (right rear) has blown twice, blowing out the same hole in the undercarriage & the skirting that RV World of Nokomis FL had just replaced a few days before I left for Texas.

Joan E Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Whoa, Whoa, hang on a minute, too many issues at once. No fuse on a/c, breaker in panel, is just fan coming on or is it for sure the compressor. How long did you let a/c run before deciding not real cool, a good thermometer will help in checking. A Walmart should have what you need, the thermometer will have about a 6 inch metal rigid stem with adial on top for the temp reading. Once you have your unit running in the cooling mode, and it has benn running for awhile check the air temp coming from the closest ceiling outlet, then check the air temp close to where the filter is in the ceiling by the unit. Is the filter clean ? An 18-24 degree difference would be nice. If you have that or a little better you should be good to go. A kit to check for a refrigerant leak could be put together for a pretty price. Then because these are hermetically sealed units you would have to purchase additional equipment to try and add refrigerant. Probably best left to the folks that do this for a living. There are good service techs out there. Can't help with tires. Good Luck and enjoy Texas.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
Wow! Not a good time
To try to get at a few of your issues... I would pull the AC cover and make sure it is clean under there. No mice/squirl nests, leaves or anything. The coil should be clean and the fan has no obstructions.
CHeck your filter inside the camper and make sure it is clean and that the air passage is clear.
I think you really want a certified tech. to check refrigerant levels.
There should be a circuit breaker for the AC unit. No fuse. The camper has a breaker panel somewhere. Usually mounted inside. If it trips, nothing on the AC works. Fuses are for your 12 volt systems. There's a separate panel for that usually located close together.

As for the tires. Sounds like you have issues with your service provider. There have been many discussions here on tires. Try a search for "tires" and see what you get. Some name brand tires have had problems and sometimes tire age is a problem. (tire age is not necessarily when you bought them)
To help it would be nice to know the age of your 335.

I hope things go better for you soon!!! Not many things worst than being 1500 miles from home and have multiple things go wrong. Hang in there!!!
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote