Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Flaire Couch Drawer

Our Montana is in getting the Hydraulic pump changed. We noticed the other day the bottom was coming out of the drawer so I asked them to repair it while it was in the shop. The drawer part is made of press board and was completely falling apart so they are making a new one of out plywood. They are charging 1 hr. time which I thought was reasonable for making a new drawer.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Don, our Flair couch drawer broke, too, and when I pulled it out to investigate, I found bits and pieces of that same press board in the back of the drawer and on the floor under the drawer.

The next time we're over in Idaho Falls, Bish's is going to repair the drawer. I think they'll have to replace the "couch sides" where the rails are attached because that press board has disintegrated in several areas on both sides. The rails are literally hanging by one screw on each side.

I think Keystone should have realized that press board or fiberboard or whatever it is would not stand up to road vibration. We've never put anything in that drawer but it still fell apart.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Ours fell apart while on our last trip! All of the pieces just came apart,nothing really cracked or broke so I just used some gorilla Glue on it placed all the pieces back together and than wrap a strap around it tightly over night and it's now a solid as a rock. Of course I make sure I don't load anything heavy in it.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote