Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Slide stopping

Our main slide started sticking on extension and retraction. It would just stop about 1/2 way in or out. We would wait a second or two and try again and it would complete the cycle.

I called my dealer service manager and described the problem. He said just spray some lubricant on the sides and gears of the slide runners. Well, that did the trick. Slides are moving in and out unhindered. I thought I had them lubed, but evidently not.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
This topic has been discussed before. The problem very likely is a defective resettable circuit breaker. I had the same problem and then wired in a parallel circuit breaker, no more problem. In the other string on this I believe someone said that Keystone would authorize a fix under warranty but you would need to ask first. John
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Stiles, search under "Slides Sticking" with me "gojodo" and the initiating member. Lots of members contributed to this topic. John
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote