Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
North Platte, NE

OK Mocr's, I know this is a dumb question being from Nebraska and all but have any of you stayed in North Platte, NE for any time-- single nights or extended stays? If you have, where did you stay and what did they have at the CG or RV park? Will be heading out that way in mid June for a Fraternal Order of Eagles State Convention and would like to take my Monte out there with me. Trying to find some place to stay out there! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Rando, I have not stayed there or in the area, but here is the web site for RV Review and they list 3. I assume you are looking for 1st hand recommendations though.

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...th_Platte.html

Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thanks Bob! That website is awesome! I'm checking out the Holiday RV Park and see if I can book there in advance. All the comments on it sound good except for the possible interstate traffic and a motorcyle shop near! Rates seem right also! $28 a night with a 10% discount for Good Sams. Thanks again and I'm earmarking this website for future use on our travels!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
There is a State area named Buffalo Bill Ranch SP, just West of town. Also seem to remember a small City Park.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Hello,

We have stayed in North Platte many times. We have always stayed at the Holiday RV park. The spaces are reasonable size and easy to get in and out of. When entering the park just remember to take a wide turn off the road. There is a noise factor from the interstate. We always tried to get a site near the rear. I would not classify the noise as a real problem.

There is a city park that looks rather nice. A few years ago we were going to try it but were advised against it because of some problems. That most probably has been corrected by now.

Dean Nelson
DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
We've also stayed at Holiday RV park. My inlaw's used to workcamp there a few years ago. Very nice park with a lot of things to do in the area. I agree with Dean and try to stay in the back.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Hey, I will be in North Platte from 27 June through 3 July. What dates do you plan on being there? I hadn't started looking for parks yet, buy maybe I had better get on it.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:52 AM   #8
lbiesmr

M.O.C. #8344
Lake Maloney has electric only hookups and is first come basis. It's about 6 miles south of North Platte. Don't know how long your stay is for, but the lake is very nice. I imagine the summer weekends fill up. If you're coming in during the week, I wouldn't think it would be a problem to get a site.

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/parks/gu...sp?Area_No=112

Lori
lbiesmr is offline   Reply With Quote