Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Where's the Beef?

Amarillo Texas, where do you recommend for good chow??
We will be looking at some recommendations.
Thanks, Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
Ozz

It's been a while ago 6 years, but we went to the Country Barn and the food and atmosphere was great.

Larry
Old 10-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ozz, when are you going to be in Amarillo, and what highway are you taking to get there? If your going to be through Clovis, NM, or Farwell, Tx., give me a call.
Eating establishments I would recommend;

Ruby Tequila's - Soncy Rd. south of I-40 about 10 or 12 blocks. Mexican food, American food, and drinks. Will not leave hungry.

Red Robbin - Soncy Rd. on the north side of I-40 right by the interstate. Hamburgers 50's style, drinks, plenty of it.

Outback Steakhouse - South side of I-40 on frontage road about 6 blocks east of Soncy Rd. Steaks, Seafood, and drinks.

The Big Texan - I-40 on the west side of Amarillo. Steaks, and drinks. If you can eat the 72 oz. steak and the trimmings that go with it, you get it free, along with a belly-ache.

There are lots of others Ozz, all along I-40. Maybe Vanessa and I can sneak away one evening while you guys are there, we would love to take you to dinner.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, Guys.
Lonnie, we drove like crazy from Truth and Consequences yesterday and are here now.
Did the Big Texan last year, pretty good, saw a College student finish off the Big Boy meal, sat in the Rocking chair with Sue.
We ate at the Outback last evening, darn good meal, our waiter was super. Ate over at Westleys Bean Pot & BBQ this noon (6406 River Road.)
Hard to give a K.C. BBQ eater a smile, his Ribs were good, fell off the bone, sauce not bad, Beans were plain old Pinto's, bland as a rubber band, ham was off the shelf from Safeway, same with the Turkey. All in all a wasted meal.
Larry, I have Country Barn on my short list.
We are staying tomorrow so I can find a sports bar to see the K.C. Chief's play, then hit the road Monday for Guthrie, Oklahoma for the evening.
Maybe we can connect on the way back in Three weeks or so?? I-40 to Albuqerque, maybe South to Las Cruces, then to Tucson. All depending on the weather, I'll keep in contact.
Ozz
Old 10-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Three weeks or so sounds good Ozz, let us know a day or so ahead. It's only about 1.25 hrs. from my house to Amarillo, but I need to make sure I have the tire store covered.
Sports Bars? Hmmmmmm...Red Robin, Chili's, Hooters, and several more, all just off I-40. I'd meet you over there tomorrow, but I'm kinda tied to the store this weekend.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
How about in .................

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2 Golf Cart batteries 3,000 watt inverter, automatic transfer switch
Honda 2000 Generator, Maytag's with 220 Dryer
Stationary domed Sat. dish, LCD 12 Volt Amp gauge, LCD Tank Monitor
3 added 120 volt outlets, On Board Air; 12 Volt Viair 450C compressor

Just kidding... We don't need a kitchen when traveling. Like to eat out too.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good one, John.
Yea, we like to 'Taste' the towns and different areas we travel to, you also get to meet the locals, and talk about their town with them, it's all a great adventure. We kinda enjoy getting lost in the town, looking for a location...after all, we 'Got nowhere' to have to be, and all the time to get there!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Same here.

J&D

Plus its easier on the dish washer...................... V
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just a note: The "Country Barn" has moved. We have eaten there several times over the years and have seen several major changes, but we have never eaten at the new location.

We have never stopped at the "Big Texan". I guess the advertising and high tourist profile has 'turned us off'.

The Cracker Barrel is just off I-40 and is exactly like all other CBs: good parking and big crowds.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Try CattleCall BBQ. They have two locations, one is a sitdown restaurant in a shopping mall. Good food, and they sell some of the best perrermint taffy you're likely to find. Fort Amarillo is a great place to stay, too.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote