Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Pictures of our new laundry box

We removed our laundry basket from under the trap door and Glen built a storage box about 6 inches deep. This allows us to store more in the basement under the opening as there is more clearance. We'll eventually paint it and may add some foam board for even more insulation.

I couldn't get tinypic to host the pictures so I added them to our blog site. The link is in our signature. (Spaces.msn) Double click the pictures and they'll show up larger.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,
Looks great! Glen is one handy guy!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Handy dandy!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
That looks really nice and if you are using it for dirty clothes, yours won't be seen from the basement. Your blog is so great. I have got to get going on mine just been too busy. Did you know you can get rid of that "updated spots" so you don't have all the @@@@@$$$##^^&&& that everyone wants to put on there? I'm using spaces also. Have had fun setting it up, I added music but didn't realize the music doesn't play while you are viewing.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, could you please explain to me what you're talking about? I don't know what 'updated spots' are.

We won't put laundry in the box. We didn't use it for laundry before. We will probably put paper products in or something similar. I have an idea for Glen to add a railing to or replace the bathroom shelf so that we can store stuff there more effectively. That's where the paper used to be kept but it ain't purdy. So we need something else up there. Just don't know what yet.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
A job well done. We dont use ours for laundry either..I put odds n ends in it.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments. I think it will definitely be an improvement, especially in the basement as it gives us more room there.

Sue, I did see how to edit that feature off our page. Thanks for that hint.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Great idea and when I retire I think I will do the same thing. Right now we use that basket for my work clothes because after working in a pulp mill, thy don't smell all that nice. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #9
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Judy & Glen, Looks fantastic! Beautiful work. Maybe I should forget my whole laundry basket liner idea & have Dano make me one. Nah, I need it for laundry and I have got the material already to start (one of these days). I'm the worst procrastinater I know! Speaking of which, I've GOT to get something done at work today and get off this computer! Later.... Lisa
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:35 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Judy
About that bathroom shelf. I wanted to do something quickly last year so I purchased a french bread basket and we screwed it to the shelf. 3 rolls of TP ride in it unseen. When parked I can had another three rolls on top. The basket has a cloth liner and I have the material to change the cloth to match our decor. When screwing basket down be sure to use a large washer inside the basket or the screw will work through the basket material.
Happy trails....................
Old 05-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, I had thought about that exact improvement. I love baskets but just haven't found one (or looked very much yet) that will fit. But it's close to the top of the list. A french bread basket sounds like just the thing.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #12
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Judy,
Great Idea! Glen is quite the carpenter. I think I'll ask Mel to make me something similar, but made from a wire basket that would be removable, hummmmm, I'll have to think on this some more, thanks for the idea!

Sue,
When you are talking about the matching material, are you referring to material to match the Montana's orig. fabrics?, or, something else? The reason I am asking is, that I had at one time a list of the fabrics and where I could get them, (when we first got the Montana) on our "old" computer, which of course has since crashed and I did not have it backed up, so I no longer have it. Anyway, now I need it, any solutions for me?
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Joy
No I meant color wise. If you do find the source for matching material, let me know. I would like to make some covers for the arms of our chairs. Maybe someone knows??????
Happy trails............................
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #14
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Judy, look at Michaels for that basket. They usually have a variety of all shapes and sizes. Also Hobby Lobby might have them. Love the box.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Myrna. I found a basket at Michaels. It fits perfectly, just an inch at each end. It's called a planter basket but it would definitely need a liner if you were going to water plants in it!