Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Wallmart Coat Rack

I bought this coat rack at Wallmart for 9 bucks. It is solid oak and stained to match our Montys. It has 3 pegs and oak plugs to hide the screw holes.

The wall is hollow where the fasteners need to go and I bought toggle bolts to use. I was surprized to find the thin panels of the Montanas will hold a screw very well if you pre drill the right side hole,

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ctures9007.jpg

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I filled our Monty up with oak stuff - the WalMart single "shaker pegs" that match your coat rack (6 of them in handy places for coat, purse, umbrella, etc) + the matching towel bars on the inside of the bathroom door + a couple of the oak towel rings + matching soap dish and toothbrush & cup holder. If it's oak, then we have it! Kitchen items are the oak paper towel rack, the rolltop bread box from CW, and a napkin holder, spice rack. We also put up 3 magazine racks and several of the remote control holders - we use a couple for note pads and pens. Our TT is one of the older model Mountaineers and the oak trim items seemed to be what appealed to us on all the top of the line RVs we looked at. So I spent some $$$ and a little time "upgrading" and "personalizing" ours!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
VanMan, Sounds good and I will keep an eye open for more oak stuff. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote