Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Montana_2159

M.O.C. #2159
Toilet chemical dispenser

I have a 2004 3670 Big Sky that I pull with a Chevy 3500 Dually. I just wanted to inform everyone of a great product for your toilet chemical. It's called a Blue Streak dispenser. Instead of having to put several ounces of chemical in after you dump, you can install a Blue Streak for about $50.00 and it measures chemical with every flush. I also rent travel trailers and have on in every rental. When the vacuum breaker failed on my SeaLand toilet I noticed the blue chemical on the floor alerting me of a problem. After replacing the vacuum breaker the blue streak chemical cleaned up easily and left no stain. I have absoulutely no vested interest in this product, but recommend it to everyone. I think this is their website: http://www.bluestreakchem.com/

Montana_2159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I`ve heard other people that have this system and love it.I wonder how hard the install is????
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
abrown134
Established Member

M.O.C. #2078
Very easy. With a minimum amount of tools, and depending on the model of stool you have, normally less than an hour. They do work very well in controlling odor, and it saves me money on how much chemical I end up buying.
Some will say you don't need chemical if you flush/rinse the tank properly; I've not found that to be the case for me. Was downwind in a crowded campground one hot 4th of July weekend from someone who wasn't using any chemicals. Very nasty...
On a sidenote, the inventor of this product lives about 12 miles from me in the next town. I have met him on several occasions at RV shows and such, always a pleasure to speak with and seems to really stand behind his product.

Aaron
abrown134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Looks like this is your first post. Welcome to forum. Thank you for your informational post. I have put it down on my list of things to explore when I return to the USA and Monty. My unit is a year older than yours so I am very interested in any upgrades or discoveries you may run across. Thanks again.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
dennisbevis, thanks for the info. we will certainly take a look at the possibility. And we second Stiles in welcoming you to the forum.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote