Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
Montana_2630
Established Member

M.O.C. #2630
KINO BAY, anyone?? Mexico

HI. WE are heading down to Kino Bay on the Sea of Cortez, about 150 miles or so from Tucson. Anyone going there or been there???? Would love ot hear from you!
Email us!
kbulger@yahoo.com

Montana_2630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
ksb,
We have not made that trip yet but it sounds like a nice trip. I've mapped it out several times on my mapping program.

I did read an article in Trailer Life a year or so ago and it sounded great. I think I read on the Escapee Forum about someone who has taken this trip. They loved it.

Good luck,
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:06 AM   #3
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
KSB, we have been to Kino many times. Nice little village. Kino is the village where most of the Iron wood carvings are made. You can get some good prices if you like to hassle. WE stayed in the RV park at the end of the Rd. in "new Keno" There is a restaurant across the street. The street is the only thing between the park and the beach. Out side of town there is a place where they used to grind conk shells for chicken feed. When they folded they left large piles of shells. Any one in the park can tell you where. The local Indians are world famous for there basket weaving. They are not cheap. They will be at the park gate. Not many groceries in the village. Vegetables and fish and shrimp. We haven't been there in five years because of Glubs health. They have a large fleet of private boats (US) there is a lot of fishing. It is windy there as any place on the water. WE fished off the rocks and did pretty well. Trigger fish is my favorite. Use long shanked hooks or a short wire leader as they have beaver teeth and cut your line. They have very tough skin and will take the edge off your knife. But the meat is sweet firm and goood. We know you will have a good time there.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
I've been fishing in Baja for 30+ years and trigger fish are a lot of fun to catch---and make the best fish tacos around. I found using one of those retractable razor-blade carpet knives really works well for cleaning/skinning those buggers. Their skin is extremely tough and as Treecounter has said---will take the edge right off your knife. make sure you have a few replacement blades in the handle~you'll need them.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote