Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
sofa fitting through door

Has anyone took the sofa out of a 3295 ? Wondering if possible. Want to put it in house and put sofa with recliners built in. If that will fit through the door. Already know what length new furniture has to be to fit in 5th wheel. Plus recliner to match new furniture. I guess we better eat our cherrios first!

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
The back comes off the sofasleeperfromhe*%. It is not easy to get it moving, but once you do, it comes off fairly easy. Grab bout 1/3 of the way down, yank like crazy. Yank more, MOREEEE!!!

My futon is 72 inches wide I believe, would not want any larger, there is not a lot of room to spare if you leave the dining table in same position.

Measure current couch again, don't go much past that unless you are going to move a bunch of other stuff around too! Steve R and others, have moved the kitchen table to a position in front of and at an angle with the corner cabinet. They put their lounge chair in the place where the dining table was. Then you could get a slightly longer/wider couch in there I'll bet!

Good luck
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
We removed ours. All it took was my three sons and a few beers for each of them. We now have a leather loveseat in place of the hide-a-bed. the Hide-a-bed is now in my computer office, so when I trade, I can put it back in the 5er.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:48 AM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Dusty ... when we replaced our couch (both times) in our 3295, we found that you can't go too long or it won't fit in the space. However, the measurements that really affect how well it will go through the door are the height and depth. Our "house-type" sofa-sleeper is 35" front-to-back and 30" tall and the only adjustment the delivery men had to make to get it in was to take off one of the couch legs (the little screw-on thingys).

I was really surprised at how easy it went in ... of course, I was standing outside watching!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks all. Lots of information here. We are going to measure again and make sure. A love seat would be a good idea. We saw a love seat with two recliners built in.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #6
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
We wound up leaving a sofa inside the stick house because what went in two years ago, would not come back out.... (Nearly new)... told the new owners, merry Christmas... so a week later, I was driving by and there was the sofa in two pieces in the yard.... GRR...
Vicki, I want to see pictures of your LR arrangement with that table out in the middle of things... how does that work???
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We are going to move our table and chairs too but not until we get the new recliner sofa and recliner. Going to put the table near the curio cabinet. This may not happen until next year. Husband retires next year.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Mel ... to see our furniture arrangement, go to our website (Our RVtravels, in my signature) and click on "Our Home." We have a different couch, but the furniture arrangement is the same.

DustyTuu wants to know how I secure things for travel, so when we get ready to pull out of here next month, I'm going to email pictures of our "travel mode" to her so she can put a picture with the explanation I tried to give her.

I have to admit that we cannot take credit for this furniture arrangement ... we first saw it in Patty and Dick's (RC and Samantha)3295 Big Sky and immediately went home and changed our furniture. For us, it just works better this way.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #9
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Thanks Vick... That's an arrangement I would never have thought of myself....
Well... The short timer and I have been working on getting more of our stuff loaded into the monty.. I can't believe how much room there is in here...
I may have pared down too hard...
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote